1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

box truck to toy hauler conversion

Discussion in 'General' started by fullmetalF4i, Jul 9, 2015.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yes they are a bit pricey, cheapest one I've come up on in the A class was in the low $70k range and 5 years old but only had 4k miles on it. If it were just me I'd be racing out of a cargo trailer with AC only. But my wife enjoys the sport so creature comforts are needed.

Rob Woodworth races out of an old Goodwill box truck. Absolutely nothing fancy but it looks to do the job just fine. Any type truck like that is going to require some craftsmanship skills all of which I lack. I've seen some interesting builds though through the years none of which I would be capable of doing.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Badwill!

3. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

$55k for mine (used), with 20k miles. Purchased from a fellow wera racer at a great deal. new they sell for $100k. Gas engine (plenty of power). I've been eyeing the military spec stuff similar to this since I started paying attention. Able to take a whole race program on road from tip of S America to North Pole. Mine was similar cost to a sprinter van (no brainer for me)

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Is that the one that Goodwill sued?

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Not sure other than you can still read Goodwill through the paint over job. :D

Looks like any other box truck out there :)

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. fastfreddie

Yeah. The thing drove like a dream, too. Couldn't tell it was a huge box van from the driver's seat.

9. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

13. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

i may try to get one of these for next season. hopefully i can find a used one. i just wish you get the color customized... i rather have just an all white one as opposed to the traditional RV graphics.. lol..

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

you're not an outlaw, whitey? :D :Poke:

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah it has all the features you'd want and none of the functionality.

A regular RV + enclosed trailer solves the space & flexibility issues.

Plus I guarantee on the long ass Sunday night drive... you will be wanting to stab yourself in the eye being "trapped" in a van seat for more than a couple hours.

If I could find a Workhorse chassis class A Outlaw...that would be my next purchase. I love the master loft design.

16. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

ha.. you don't know that for certain!! :D

17. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

19. fastfreddie

A million miles, ten years and $26.9K?
    Seems a bit much, but definitely bad-ass...could customize the hell out o' that.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Get a giant GOODWILL emblem for the sides and back. :)