1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Closing Most of it's Stores Worldwide

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm, I didn’t realize they even had their own retail stores. To be honest, I’m surprised the closings didn’t occur earlier.

aaronson, Jon Wilkens and ducnut like this.
  3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Apparently you can sell over priced, mediocre audio gear only so long before people wise up to it.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

No highs, no lows. Just Bose

Jed and motoboy like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Buy Other Sound Equipment.

418 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

I mean I thought their stores went out of business like 20 years ago...

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

A lot of folks like the noise cancelling headphones, but I think it is simply a matter of online killing brick and mortar and a changing market.

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

only place i see them is in outlet malls. They have like 3 products and 900 different ways to package and price them. You cant do that with all the info and reviews on the internet. maybe they should reduce their ad budget and you know put that money into research and product development.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

They had a pretty neat car suspension idea a while back.

10. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

never even knew that was a thing... lol.. as some said, can only sell over priced mediocre audio stuff to so many people. But thank the internet, Walmart, Amazon, etc. retail stores will soon be a thing of the past. Sears, Kmart, many mom n' pop shops of all sorts, etc., all dust in the wind.

ducnut likes this.
  11. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

A guy I work with thinks Bose is the be all end all of audio equipment. Some people just don’t know any better.

12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Unless it says beats on the side.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There's a reason that in the audio stores they are not set up next to or near the other audio products.

But their NC headphones are pretty darn good and I still want one of their Bose wave radio clock radio thingies.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That pool of clueless individuals is much larger and half of them have already been sucked into the Apple cult.

masshole and Phl218 like this.
  15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

They had one in the Johnson Creek Outlet Mall in Johnson Creek WI. Guy in there wasn't to happy with me when I said his display setup unit sounded like crap. :crackup:Left and got in my truck and slow rolled by the store and shook his windows. :crackup:

Shenanigans likes this.
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I remember Bose sound systems were an option in Cadillacs in the 80's. It had some separate amplifier unit that powered the speakers that only complicated shit. It did not have a balance knob.

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Just like suspension: the best you've had is the best you know. If you've only ridden OEM forks you do n't know how spiffy the Ohlins stuff really is.

ducnut likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Bose has awesome stuff. DJI has awesome drones, too, but they closed down their stores, too. Sign of the times. People would rather trust in fake ratings systems than trying it out in person. SMH

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My Milfwagon has Bose whatever in it. Doesn't suck. Wouldn't pay extra for it but it's in there. lol!

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Bose has some very decent stuff.

Interesting observing this 'It's cool to say: "Bose is Shit"' peanut gallery...

:D

Wheel Bearing likes this.