1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booty invades Greensboro!!!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RZ Racer, Aug 21, 2003.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Once again, we'll be playing at Greene Street in Greensboro, sat night after the races. If anyone is racing sat only or likes to go out and have a wild time before racing on sunday, c'mon down and check us out. We play from 10:30-1:45 and the place is always packed. Check out photos on the website. This may be one of the last chances to catch us at an "affordable" club gig. We've opened for two big national acts in the past month, (KC and the sunshine band at House of Blues and B-52's at Cary regency park) and our price is going up to a point that very few clubs will be able to afford us any more. As usual, I'll be warming up for the gig at the track w/ a little number called "the star spangled banner".

www.sleepingbootyband.com

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Booty

Mark- I had no idea you guys were like the Villiage people meets Outkast- I would have come to the show for shure... sounds like you guys have a gig that is just catching on. Why not get your agent to book atlanta.. there is a huge following that would be really into it.

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Booty = Good Time

Buff, et all,

I went to the concert Sat. night. Man do they ever put on a show. It really was a great time. The other cool factor is that the ratio was very favorable indeed :) . If you get the chance, make sure you take the effort to check them out. The only down side is that I sure was tired Sunday afternoon, but well worth it.

4. RZ Racer

Buff- We've had offers for ATL, but, so far, none have been serious enough ($$$) to warrent the added expense of travel, lodging and sound. The last one we got was good enough for me to vote yes, but others in the band thought that we needed to have rooms included at that price and none were forthcoming. It's only a matter of time before we end up there. We have a gig in Charlotte on 9/11 and will be playing in Greenville SC on 11/1, right after the gnf. Theyr'e both open to the public. I'll post details when I get them.

Joe- Glad you enjoyed yourself!! You're not the only one that was tired on Sunday! Pictures can be found at: www.skfriends.com
    He has a roll or two up already and usually adds to it as the week goes on.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  5. RZ Racer

Here's a link to some short videos from sturdays show.

Click here: Sleeping Booty Band Movie Clips Greensboro NC 8-23-2003

6. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

Mark,
    Have you been drinking cheap wine?
    Linky no worky!

When will you play in New Orleans? ;)

7. RZ Racer

8. Steve Fahey

Still no worky....

Looks like you cut and pasted a link that originated from a link in a Hotmail email (won't work). Open Internet Explorer, go to the site and copy THAT link...

9. RZ Racer

That might do it, but we'll never know because a) I'm to beat to mess with it. (another 13 hour day) b) The skfriends link has the videos, so just click on that. Thanks for the tip though, next time I'll try to do it properly.

I heard you fell down at tgpr. I presume you're ok? The bike? How did you like the track?

10. Steve Fahey

Get your Sleeping Booty movie clips here...***** click me *****

I liked Taladega...but I like most tracks. I had an up close and personal look at the grass in turn three. I went straight off and just ran out of real estate before I had to bail. Zero damage to me and the bike...nothing a bath couldn't fix!
    :rolleyes: