1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boom. No more Fiat Sponsorship for Yamaha

Discussion in 'General' started by H8R, Jan 3, 2011.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

2. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Telefonica.

Maybe... :p

3. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

can Fortuna make a return? That was Lorenzos sponsor when he was on the 250 ape.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Fortuna makes smokes so nope.

Plus they're yucky smokes.

5. H8R

How fun would it be if they ended up with an American Corp. sponsor because of the Ben. :D

6. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

Boom Head shot.

As cool as that would be, I hate to break it to ya, but 'Merica is broke, and Im pretty sure that having your company's name on a factory yamaha GP bike would cost a pretty penny.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It'd be cool but I wouldn't bet anything on it.

Maybe an associate sponsorship from Monster but I seriously doubt you'll EVER see something like AT&T Yamaha, Johnny Walker Yamaha or Apple Yamaha.

Not when NASCAR is around.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

:Dlet me win the megamillions and ill sponsor em for a year

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So weird to me that over half the teams in NASCAR gets 4 and 5 sponsors lined up, to the point that the teams have to run alternate paint schemes 2 or 3 times a year, but the multi-championship winning team in MotoGP has a fairly decent shot at no sponsor at all.

10. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

As apposed to a "good" smoke? :confused:

They're all dog rockets! (unless it's a Montecristo No2 Robusto) :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah man, non FSC red Marlboros are goodly smokes. Phaggy French Gauloises blues are yummy to my tummy smokes.

Fortunas are like a combo of dirt and leaves rolled up in a turd.

ACK! <cough cough cough> <spit loogey>

12. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

13. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

america may be "Broke" but wal-mart isn't

Wal-Mart Yamaha.

has a nice ring to it. :Poke:

14. H8R

Facebook

Google

The Fed

:crackup:

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Would Ben and Jorge be required to remove a tooth and wear wife beaters to show off their new neck tats during press interviews?

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Thought I read somewhere about Air Asia possibly?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Wouldn't be surprised to see more Asian money coming into the sport.

19. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, but there are a few cash rich American companies that need a global market to grow (Apple and Google come to mind). No sense in them advertising in NASCAR, for that's not their growth market.

I would think either one of them would push more towards F-1 if they did move into motorsports. I think Intel was doing something with motorsports, which makes a lot of sense considering that speed is what their product is about.

But yea, i gotta agree with the other post and expect an Asian company to step up. Petronas maybe?

20. boccarp

boccarp Well-Known Member

Why not TEAM USA Yamaha....I mean we could just not pay for the war in Iraq for just one day and completely fund the Super Team. What the hell we aren't paying for the war anyway just adding it to our deficit. What's another 20 or 30 million. Or maybe we don't don't send aid to some country in Africa,South America or Middle East that we have no idea where it is or have ever heard the name and funnel it to Yamaha corporate for another band up year......Wow I might be bitter because I just paid my Tax quarterlys and the first 6 months of property taxes on my buildings......