1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bonsai

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Oct 28, 2021.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

[​IMG]
    My wife just got me this bonsai for my birthday. I have wanted one for a long time. Who knows anything about bonsai?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

They are small and very quiet.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

5. kenessex

I have plenty of ignorance on bonsai already, I don't need you guys helping with that.:Poke:
    There has to be somebody that actually knows something. Dsapsis? Metalhead? DaveK?
    Dern? Hahahahahahaha, nope!!!

6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dont water too little or too much.

Keep away from dogs

_indy likes this.
  7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Especially Dave's dog. I tried the bonsai thing, but I discovered that my chi was off center.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I only know Buckaroo...

9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

How deep are you into it?

I watched some documentary about bonsai (the artform more than the species), it's pretty fascinating. Bonsai masters basically devote their lives to perfecting their art, you're not hitting your peak until you've been doing it for 25 years or so. The trees from the top bonsai masters sell for 6 figures, there's been some in the million dollar range too. It's really a blast from the past where people could think beyond the next month/quarter.

sdg likes this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I seriously resent being pooled with those damn fools, but... you rang? Send a pic with some size scale and info on the species and I can give you some ideas on lighting and water.
    <edit: speaking of fools> I do see that you attached an image to the post, but I dont see them for some reason. I have the same trouble when M-head posts pics. Must be coincidence. :beer:

11. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I know you're not new here...

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He's having a senior moment.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I thought it was just work, but they don't show here at home either. 'sup Dave.

14. kenessex

At this point, about 6 hours.

15. kenessex

bonsai.jpg
    It is 10" tall and 12" wide. It is a Green Mound Juniper, Juniperus Procumbens Nana. I am keeping it indoors for now, but the instructions say it is hardy and can live outdoors. I am not sure I believe it can survive a Northern Wisconsin winter in its little pot without freezing.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The gardening equivalent of foot binding.

Jedb likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I have no idea what the hell is going on around here.

Any plant that small falls prey to Toro. Any plant bigger than that falls prey to Husqvarna.

Fuck vegetation. :moon:

SuddenBraking likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

i had an IKEA one from 2008-2010, then moved here and couldn't bring plants. my brother still has it. no clue what type it is.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

R1M370, auminer, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  20. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

[​IMG]
    Professor Hikita says "Buckaroo great warrior... Not tiny tree"...