1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BO Admin: Privacy Does Not Exist in ‘Public Places’

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 45° Please, Sep 22, 2010.

1. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Privacy does not exist.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

SO, I guess its okay because "its a law enforcement practice 'used with great frequency'"... Suspects are beaten pretty frequently, does that mean that's okay too? Or does anyone have rights anymore?

I don't get why getting a warrant is so unreasonable? To me, that falls under "checks and balances", which seems to have been a forgotten fundamental in the last 8 or 9 years.

Fug it, why even send them to trial? Why not just shoot them, or cuff them and send them to a prison sentence right there on the spot. I mean, if a warrant and due process are so outrageously heinous and slows the the law enforcement process.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Did I say I condoned the practice? If you have a cell phone, a car with onstar (active or not), connect to the net in public places (or hell even in private places), surf the net at all, use a credit card, bank electronically, ad infinitum, there is no real expectation of privacy.

5. Lawn Dart

I wasn't replying to you... to the article. :beer:

I agree that it doesn't exist where it should. Can't help but feeling like our rights are slowly being eroded over time. At some point, and I'm not necessarily saying "in this lifetime", living in this country may become less preferable than other countries. I kinda feel like we're still lucky to be here, but that'll change if things keep going this way.

6. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

So the police will have no expectation of privacy or peace either.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think youtube would provide evidence to support that they shouldn't expect it.

8. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Don't forget to add the folks who willingly give away their privacy via Facebook, MySpace and Twatter.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Cash is your best way to maintain some level of privacy.

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Cash and a pay as you go cellie. ;)

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I have not used my pay as you go in a long time.

It has not happened in a while but there a period of time 2006/2007 where it seemed that I had to call American Express to let them know it was me who was travelling because they were constantly putting a hold on my card due to its movement. I think they have a new profile for me because it has been a while since I have experienced a hold.

12. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Unless you are wearing a disguise that won't help much. The average person passes through the lens of over 100 surveillance cameras daily.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I wear a dark smoke shield. :D

BTW - I have a knack for picking locations of security cameras. I see them everywhere. Hard to get away, definitely. Now, where is my Mexican Sombrero and wrap around glasses. :D

14. Lawn Dart

This has started to happen to me more frequently, now that I travel for work. Funny thing is, Bank of America has started picking on transactions from the same zip code as my billing address. I think their software for profiling purchases is jacked up. The last two calls about "irregular" transactions were to restaurants 2 miles from my house.

15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I couldn't care less if some government flunky spent his time verifiying that I spend 50% of my online time watching pr0n. Just don't put it on YouTube.

I stay on the right side of the law, so if there's a 'Buckwild G-10' satellite out there, they're wasting their time.

Which brings the question of Big Brother theories. If you have nothing to hide, why care?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They were concerned about your switch from Mexican to Thai.

17. Lawn Dart

I think Al Gore might've been concerned about methane gas in the atmosphere and put me on a 24/7 watch for eco-terrorist activity.

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Buck, the only objection that I can see has little to do with in terms of legal process. My concern is that people can use information against you in a descriminate way.

We still have too many judgemental individual in our society that have nothing better to do than to question individuals legal activities and choices instead of focusing on issues.

I have really good friends that work in the education sector and law enforcement that don't exersise the freedoms some do because of their job and again, it has nothing to do with legality.

I know I am an open book and I know I get judge on it, but I know the consequences and deal with it. Not everyone is afforded this.

19. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

This is the reason for posting. Every can be labeled a suspect.

Truth is, it's all be set up for those who
    won't follow the NWO agenda...left/right,
    anyone who thinks independently.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Bank America must be outsourcing to Mexico. Que? Tai que?