1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue cross and blue shield of North Carolina

Discussion in 'General' started by eroge, Feb 11, 2009.

1. eroge

eroge Well-Known Member

Hey guys! Wondering if anyone has any firsthand knowledge with BCBSNC covering racing injuries? I currently have Aetna and am very happy with them, but I just got a new job that uses Blue cross and they will pay 100% of the premium. I have heard that each states Blue cross is different, thus the question about North Carolina. Thanks In advance, Ethan

2. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

Just call them and ask. Better yet, email them so you have it in writing.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

my racing crash in 1996, BCBS of SC paid for it all except ambulance ride. and my street crash of 2005 BCBS of GA paid all except ambulance ride. (I had changed jobs between those)

4. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

BCBS of NC will pay on racing incidents

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

+1

If you're not getting paid to perform it's considered recreational activity and generally covered. Life insurance on the other hand can have exclusions...

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

a little more: 1996 crash was at Talladega, Alabama, I lived in Georgia, but my employer's home office was in South Carolina. It took UAB about a month to figure out which BSBC branch to get the rather large bill. ;)

7. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

BCBSNC has covered a broken collar bone and also my knee surgery. The "incident" with the knee started at Summit, WV and ended with surgery and rehab in NC.

8. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

i was told as long as im not getting paid professionally, im covered

9. 95coupe

95coupe Active Member

I have worked for bcbs in al, they will usually cover anything as long as it is an accident that is not on another "job" i guess is the way i want to put it. I would call or email that particular branch b/c Alabama's bcbs is not the same policy write up and such.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

i called and asked, they couldn`t tell me anything definate but didn`t see any problem so i asked for a copy of coverages. it didn`t say anything about not covering racing