1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Blank Spot" in my acceleration

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jtalbot533, Jan 16, 2011.

1. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

I have got an issue with my '06 gsxr 600. When I am hard on the throttle in 4th gear around 10,000rpm's, I get what I can only describe as a "blank spot" in my acceleration. It is as if the enigne hits a flat spot where it wont accelerate for a fraction of a second then it picks up right where it left off. I have a power commander but the bike has been recently dynoed and runs perfect except for the occansional "blank spot." I am all out of guesses of what it could be. Any suggestions?

2. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

had the same problem on my 05 gsxr 600 and it was the upper throttle bodies....the gear that opens them spun or something....i ended up replacing them.....might not be the answer but worth a shot.

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

It was dynoed, but was it custom tuned?

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Call Dynojet they had some specific methods for mapping the 06-07 600 and 750. Ran into a similar issue getting mine done.

5. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

I had a that problem and it wound up being the clutch, I had someone check the plates that were off line...he straighten them and I was good to go.

6. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

Sweet thanks for the suggestions. I will try them all this week!

7. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

Honestly, I think but am not too sure. I am going to have the map sent to me tomorrow when the bike shop opens. Will keep everyone posted.

8. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

Got the dyno results today....anyone see aything that looks out of the ordinary? I dont understand it. Sad i know.

[​IMG]

9. grandboy2

grandboy2 Active Member

Looks like the air fuel needs to be adjusted to me. You would like it to be a close to a flat line. The dotted line is where the best a/f needs to be.

10. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

cool thanks. I am going to be working on the bike this weekend. Will wrench on it some more and see what I come up with.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Is this Jason?
    From Alsportbike?

if so call/text me - Fencer

12. jtalbot533

jtalbot533 Member

No It's Jeremy.

13. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

Can you guys give mine a look-see? I'm having all sorts of problems??

[​IMG]

14. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

^^^^

Man, you should be kicking some ass on that bike, Its a T-Rex going roar.

Shit, it don't get any better than that.

Jeremy, Call me

15. O.Kho

O.Kho Well-Known Member

:crackup: That made me LOL....

16. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Looks like an H-D map with the rev-limiter disabled. After 10k (which no H-D can get to...) is the "Piston meltdown/ internal disassembly" power-band....:D

17. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

ladies and gentlemen, this is a dyno... right?

18. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

oh man that was good. :crackup::bow::beer: