1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackhawk Farms vs. Autobahn North

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by drizkol, Jun 23, 2008.

1. drizkol

drizkol Well-Known Member

Just posting to get some advice here. I'm a NESBA member, and will be doing my first track days this weekend in Newton, IA. The following weekend I had planned on doing Blackhawk. I also just saw that apex2apex has track days the same days for Autobahn North. Just curious if anyone could compare the two courses as well as NESBA vs. apex2apex. Here's what it comes down to...

Blackhawk - NESBA
    $350

Autobahn North - apex2apex
    $200

I'll be staying in Streamwood that weekend, so the driving distance to both is about the same. The drive home on Sunday would be 2hrs longer from Autobahn. But I'm mainly just curious what track is better, and if someone could compare NESBA to apex2apex (control riders, number of sessions, etc...) Thanks!

2. EricRoyal

EricRoyal Racer/Trackday Owner

Just so its clear apex2apex.net is $200 for two days!, $125 for one day! We still have a light turnout since there are so many trackdays this 4th of July weekend. As to comparing apex2apex vs Nesba, or any trackday company, the best way is find out for yourself and ask your friends. Try the different companies the way most racers try different race organizations. We purposely do not charge a membership fee to welcome all trackday riders from other organizations.

3. wolf44

wolf44 Well-Known Member

don't forget if you don't have a NESBA membership tack on $75 to that prices

4. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Member

In his first post he mentioned that he is a NESBA member. So am I, but I will be at Autobahn North, on Sunday only, giving them a try. I'm on vacation with the family that week and this is close to our vacation home, so I'm sneaking over for a day on Sunday only.

I can tell you that one of the owners called me personally after I filled out one of their web inquiry forms and spoke with me for over 20 minutes about their organization and philosophy.

I was impressed that Eric took the time to call me personally. From his discription, it sounds pretty similar. I'm looking forward to the chance to try out their program, meet some new people and also try out a new track.

Jeff Henderson
    NESBA "A" #719
    '06 Daytona 675