1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Birther" Court Battle

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Funkm05, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With or without merit, Obama is President and will be, absent an untimely demise, until at least January 2013. That isn't going to change. I seriously doubt that birth certficate issue wasn't checked thoroughly before the primaries. Had there been any validity to the claim, do you seriously think Hillary wouldn't have exploited it during the primaries?

3. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the merit of the complaint from what I understand:

This isn't the 1st judge to tell this crazy Taitz lady to quit wasting the court's time. She is bats&*t insane.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Don't ge tme wrong, I'm not saying I think it's true or that anything is going to come of it. I just find it kind of interesting that the judge didn't slap her down more along the lines of "First off, your case has no merit. Secondly, even if it did, the process for removing ...". Maybe it's nothing at all, I just found what I'll call the lack of response somewhat interesting.

5. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

It seems that the plaintiff's legal work is so shoddy that no judge wants to hear her crap:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/10/13/georgia-judge-fines-birther-lawyer-orly-taitz-20-000/

This was a Georgia judge (Bush appointee) who also fined her $20k for her nonsense. She then accused him of being part of the conspiracy. :crackup:

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

LOL there is definitely an irrational streak of hate out there. Nothing new I guess.

7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Somehow this never seemed more fitting:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    -Mark Twain

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Never? In this place? Dude.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

God almighty I wish I could resurrect Twain and give him a blog and a talk show. Holy shit that would be awesome. Best political pundit EVER.

10. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Dude quit being so literal. :D

11. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

What is it that people hate so much about Obama?
    One man can't stop Congress from giving the country to big industry.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He's not fat. DUH!