1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bio weapon - track fuel

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Fencer, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

My tuner suggested Chevron 93 as it seems to be the most consistant formulation he has found.

AND.... I will prob never notice the difference when it changes

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Funny thing..we like Chevron around here.

For me I travel...which means each region has totally different fuel mixtures. For my SV I run R-Tech R110 due to compression but when I get my buddies R6 I might run race fuel just to keep things consistent.

3. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

lay down?:confused:

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He meant "lay an egg at WOT" LOL, couldn`t pass that up!:crackup:

5. Dr. GoFast

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the RPMs would climb dramatically when running pump gas with the throttle wide open.
    With the chicken gas I noticed the bike struggling to get power in the upper RPMs.
    I guess I should make a pass at the dragstrip to see how much MPH its lost.
    Last time out the bike went 149mph every pass.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

smelled like fries at WOT according to a follower.:D

8. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

this thread is making me hungry.........

if i ran this fuel for a whole season i wonder if my fuel lines would get clogged from the high cholesterol fuel:D

9. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

what makes it "green" is the byproduct/result of the exhaust gases.

"Biodiesel is non toxic (you could drink it!), 100 times more biodegradable than petro-diesel, is cleaner burning, does not contribute additional Co2 to the atmosphere when burned, less explosive and less dangerous in a spill or accident, and smells like a deep fryer when it burns instead of the nasty diesel smell.

The only byproduct is called Glycerol, a mixture of Glycerin, impurities and any remaining alcohol and catalyst. The alcohol evaporates off naturally over time and the catalyst can be wasted out. The glycerin can be used as a good degreaser and hand soap. It can also be further processed into pure glycerin used in the cosmetic industry and others."

--http://www.biodieselgear.com/faq.htm#4

of course this is talking about biodiesel, so it could be different than the chicken fuel as mentioned in the OP.

10. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

they are giving free trial tank fulls at the NESBA event at Barber this weekend.

If the claims are true then $6/gal is attractive relative to race fuel. But like anything else new, it needs to be proven. Claims are all upside compared to race gas, so the natural skeptic will be on alert until more data/real world reports are available.

I know zip about making fuel so will shut up now.

11. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

The "photoshop" dyno graphs are links to dynojet dyno graphs. Try clicking on one.

12. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

We are marketing to the track due to the cost. Six dollars a gallon is hard to justify on the street. Actually it would be more like $6.50/Gallon once you added in road use tax.

13. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

It will not plug up a catalytic converter.

14. Dr. GoFast

i'm interested in trying it, but i don't see anywhere to order on the site.

15. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

I am curious about your experience with our fuel. Can you offer me any feedback at [email protected]? You must have been at the Frank Kinsey day Oct 26. We gave away 30 gallons and received all positive feedback. Frank Kinsey, Dave Despain, and all the others all reported experiences that are in line with our dyno charts. Remind me who you are so I can put a face to the name.

16. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

Chickens are renewable, dinosaurs are not. We are making use of a waste byproduct, and the emissions are fantastic. We also use recycled containers and offer an exchange service.

17. BWFuel

BWFuel Member

We will have that available for next season. I would love to give you a free tank at Barber this weekend or Road Atlanta in December. If you cant make those drop me an email and I can ship you a little bit.

18. Dr. GoFast

^ right on, will do! it is ok to mix with pump or will i have to completely drain my tank first?

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Why fix something that isn't broken? Gasoline seems to do a nice job for me.

20. Dr. GoFast

^ because it makes more power without any tuning necessary, and it's not THAT expensive. if it actually does and is what it claims- i think it will be an excellent product and very useful for racing.