1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billie Eilish

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 28, 2020.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If you want to see a great 80's hair band festival (probably not this year), Merriweather Post Pavaillion in Columbia, MD has
    the M3 Rock Festival every year. It's a GREAT 2 or 3 days of 80's bands. They all do a 1 hour set starting Friday at 5pm til Kix brings the house down
    that night at about 10pm. Saturday starts about noon and goes til 11. Tickets are VERY reasonable for a 3 day event, too.

This was the 2020 lineup:

[​IMG]

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If only there was still a 70’s Camaro in the family... :crackup:

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think she's actually pretty good looking. I don't mind the music, not a fan either. I don't think I'm part of the target demographic, like everyone else here.

4. StaccatoFan

I'm thinking we're going to have to respectfully disagree on that. The sad drug addict look with Wal-Mart employee hair look has been worn out.

Funkm05 and Steeltoe like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah.

By Robert Smith.

6. StaccatoFan

Billy Eyelash in her 30's?

[​IMG]

418 and pickled egg like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Re: Billy Eilish

When Radio Paradise played her song: You Should See Me In A Crown

This very pertinent comment popped up:

Steeltoe and StaccatoFan like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You?

9. cha0s#242

The look is just a facade that a lot of celebrities have as a means of protection from the media and stupid fans. If you look beyond that, she's a gorgeous young woman.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ok boomer

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Umm...standing out like a fluorescent turd in a punch bowl protects you from what, blending into the crowd and not looking like a pathetic attention whore who didn’t get enough love from daddy...?

brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You guys think you're looking at a person and really don't comprehend you are looking at a product. It's an act guys. If you like the music fine but come on. You think Kiss wears their makeup and outfits at home too? ;)

418, StaccatoFan and cha0s#242 like this.
  13. cha0s#242

I bet the old farts despised Kiss in the seventies too lol

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey, I'm an old fart, and I think she and her brother are super talented. No, I don't like all of her music, but I don't like all of anyone's music. Case by case basis. As for her appearance, I don't know that she stands out much at all in her generation. Plenty of kids her age dyeing their hair and dressing down. I think part of it is not wanting to be objectified as a woman, and just judge her on her music. Any of you who don't like her, watch an interview or 2. She's quite intelligent, introspective, and seems pretty grounded. Also seems like her home life was super supportive, so she's not carrying baggage from that. I think her biggest struggle has been dealing with Tourette's Syndrome. Trust me, that can put a person in a dark place no matter what their upbringing is.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I despise them today. What do I win?

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I didn't despise them, but wasn't much of a fan. As always, music is a matter of personal preference. I'm not big on a lot of country and most rap.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And like every product, it has a shelf life, and will soon enter the waste stream like every other disposable item manufactured for consumption by the mindless.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So suffice to say you’re not a Kid Rock aficionado? :crackup:

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

For some reason I like bom diggy bom, but other than that, I couldn't tell much else he has done.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I can say with pride I have no fucking clue what you’re talking about.

Makes me think of 50’s doo-wop reading that, think I’ll turn on some Dave Clark Five. :D