1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bike guys? Indoor trainer what one.

Discussion in 'General' started by hrc_nick_11, Jan 18, 2011.

1. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Big bucks $450 plus shipping

2. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

Fluid 2 yep

+1 on the fluid 2

3. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

Rollers for sure.

15 minutes on rollers is worth 30+ on a stationary trainer. The benefit is huge for your riding and really smoothes out your pedaling.

Put them in a doorway if you need to.

I can now watch movies while on the rollers.

They are fun too. You can play a game with how close you can get to the edges. Practice drinking from your water bottle, one handed, no handed, etc...I had a heck of a time getting into full aero on my tt bike.

Makes those winter rides easier and safer too as your bike handling skills will improve greatly.

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Look like I'll be getting the Fuild 2 Soon as I can get a hold of Blue Ridge. (email, on the way)

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

A trainer for her is like donuts for me.........only the good stuff.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thanks, waiting on a call from my supplier.:up:

7. hrc_nick_11

At that price, I'm surprized more people are not ordering them too. Tis the season you know.

8. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

+1 otherwise see if there is a deal like this near you. I've been doing it all off season and it is the way to go and gets rid of the bordem of riding a trainer;
    http://thefixstudio.com/index.html

9. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Sold, will be here next week. :up:
    $400.00, local bike shop.

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I just picked up a fluid trainer for dirt cheap (and free shipping). Pretty excited. Does anyone use training blocks and shoes or just their regular kicks and books and blocks?

11. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I really hate solid trainers (way way prefer rollers). Glad you got your Nashbar/PB New Year's sale price ;)

I use a block under the front wheel, but it could just as easily been a half-block cinderblock. I do get geeked up with the pants and shoes (the shoes make a hell of a difference pulling your feet through the entire pedal motion, should feel kindof like you're trying to pull the loops out of carpet with golf shoes/cleats, IMO).

The bike shorts with some real padding work well - I've got some PIs I've had for a while now that I really like if I'm on the torture device (rollers/trainer) for over 20 min (usually an hour).

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

It seemed too good to pass up. ;) Just got a different tire. Was thinking of a block and shoes, but I can use my cross training shoes and shorts. The local bike shop has a Wednesday night BYOB trainer night and they pedal for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

What I want to see is WERA jersey image.

13. hrc_nick_11

My bike has the old school strap-in pedals. My old mag trainer came with a block for the front tire, I just kept it.

14. scott65

The Rock & Roll is the bomb !!
    Money well spent. I don't dread jumping on it.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Kurt Kinetic. I have the hydraulic one. Just spend the money on it, it's worth it. You can find decent ones used on eBay. I got mine about $60 off because it'd been used as a demo in a mall for a couple hours.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I always ride with cycling shoes, so I always use my cycling shoes with the trainer. I use a trainer block, they're like $20 and worth the price, it holds the front tire better and has variable height adjustment.

17. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

I know - its awesome. I spend much more time on the trainer this year. I wouldn't own another one.

18. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Got a fluid 2 kit on CL that had barely been used for $125. So far it seems to fit the bill.

19. V2Neal

V2Neal Well-Known Member

I had a Kurt and it was a good peice of equipment, but I ended up trading it for a set of cranks. I can't stand to do anything in one place. Get me outside, I need movement, scenery, falling down and shit.

Good Luck to the OP though. :beer:

20. scott65

Same here, I can fall down with the best of 'em. :crackup: