1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bicycle classifieds

Discussion in 'General' started by TakeItApart, Aug 11, 2016.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Having just bought my first higher end bicycle frameset, an S-Works Tarmac, I'm looking for some good deals on group sets, wheels, brakes, bars, and stems.

Anybody know of some good classifieds? I frequently check Craigslist, Slowtwitch, and thepaceline.

Got any more?

I just missed a Dura-Ace 9070 Di2 kit for about 1k (about 300 less than retail) and am trying to scour for more leads.

Attached Files:

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'd be careful buying a group set used. Probably the one thing other than a carbon frame that I'd buy near just because of the lifespan of them. You try pink bike?

3. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I occasionally look at pink bike. Usually the stuff there is complete bikes and mostly overpriced at that. I have found some good deals but bought my Cannondale used (about once) from a local-ish Craigslist ad. It was nice being able to see I before buying.

The di2 set I missed was ridden less than 6 months and the guy just wanted to try sram e-tap, so he stripped it off and sold it.

I bought the frameset new so I could get the warranty. The groupset I'll settle for a year or two old at most and most likely just do a new set from pro bike kit. They have the 9070 (full set) for about 1800 +/-. I'm also considering waiting for the E-tap to have a firmware update. Word is its on the way. I'd really like the sram, but with the programmability of the Shimano, and the dura ace brake set.

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I know Stages is having a good sale right now, if you're looking for a good power meter. They sell whole cranks too.

6. Jht643

Jht643 Well-Known Member

DC used bicycle marketplace on Facebook. You have to request to get in, so you know it's legit. But seriously, that's where all the local racers sell their stuff.

TakeItApart likes this.
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Check out the slowtwitch forum. They have a classified page. It's all triathletes. Those folks are always switching stuff around.

For new stuff the best prices I've found are at treefortbikes.com.

If you want good handmade wheels check out psimet.com.

8. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Get a hold of these guys: altitudebicycles.com

They sell pretty much everything, but only list used bikes on their site. Just email them with what you need