1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beware! Scammers!

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Dave K, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Do not send money or inquire to anyone sending you to
    [email protected]

but if you can spam the f@ck out of that email address, well, I wouldn’t encourage you to because that’d be bad. ;-)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    G2G and beathiswon like this.
  2. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Received a PM from Danny Reef last night about parts I need for my 93 900RR. Emailed the guy and he told me he had all the parts and sent me pics from the internet and once I caught on I asked for pics from different angels like the back side of the headlights. He gave me a BS answer telling me they were packed up already waiting to be shipped to me. My last email to him was this morning telling him my brother lives close to him and he will swing by and grab them. Radio silence after that. SCAM.png SCAM1.png SCAM1.png SCAM.png

beathiswon and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  3. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Add @davetlr to this list.

David Dixon of PA
    814-603-1752

Scammer and won't send parts. Shame, he has been a member for 20+ yrs.

4. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Possible Scammers:

1. Kexowal817 on N2 site: said to contact [email protected] - has 'friends' Aim Solo 2 DL for $150.00 shipped
    2. jideman0424 on N2 site: his 'friend' has a AiM Solo 2 for $300, price seems reasonable, but he appears too desperate to make a deal
    Both above signed up w/N2 site within the last 48 hours

If I'm wrong and if either of these sellers are legit i will apologize, but they fall into the category of "too good to be true"

Merry Merry all

Kirk

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Be careful! Although I do my best to clear them out of users they occasionally still get through:

Latest one:
    “Hello, have you tried to ask (attack636) a forum member here, the last time i got tires from him he mentioned he might have it for sale for a quicker response from him you can send him an email to
    [email protected]

do not contact him, he is a scammer and you’ll get nothing!

IL8APEX likes this.
  6. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

Another reply from a scammer on a WTB post:
    hello are you still interested in getting this?.
    you can contact chris he has a FZR400 for sale........... PM him @ [email protected]

7. J3FF

J3FF Member

oh dang I got a few of these. Thanks for posting!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reminder on this. There are more and more of these scammers out there.
    Beware!
    And if you get pms from “members” with zero posts referring you to someone not on this board, snitch them out!

9. JTRC51

Now they have access to PM's!!!

I received a PM from someone (a legit member here) about buying some parts, he gave his phone # on the PM, we texted back and forth and made a deal/arrangements.

Later on he receives a text from another number (not mine) and they pretended to be ME and trying to do a deal.. These shady MFr's!!!!

10. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I heard a rumor that Mr Henry is signed up for several daily emails and he nearly got contacted by a company that sells rubber dog poop, but the person who shall remain anonymous decided that he didn't want to make a legit company chase a dead end:rolleyes:

SundaySocial likes this.
  11. backho

backho Well-Known Member

The double first names is an obvious red flag.

12. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

What sometimes happens is a legit user’s login credentials get compromised because they had a poor password and/or reused the same login credentials on multiple sites when one of them got compromised and/or the forum itself had low standards for password complexity or did not require 2FA. The scammmer now poses as a legit user, making it easier for them to scam people using the stolen identity and credibility.

See above. Probably was a compromised account and the scammer was using the stolen identity.

13. JTRC51

No, he was a POS. We spoke on the phone, and I found out (after the fact) that he did the same to some others. Guess he became a crackhead.

freedomgli likes this.