1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beto for president?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 2, 2019.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Think it will be easier at 55?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hoping the fuck it'll be easier at 64 when Short Round regurgitates high school.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're being facetious. I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the people who got a degree in business, management, etc (not to mention that most jobs that require degrees don't specify what major they want, and even if your degree is in southwestern left handed women's studies, you STILL had to take a bunch of standard classes). There are TONS of people with legit, useful degrees, and the best job they can get is selling iphones at the T-Mobile store.

4. sheepofblue

Then they are not trying hard enough or need to move. There is a ton of jobs now. I suspect there are other issues involved you are not mentioning or these people are unicorns.

5. sheepofblue

Not if you have a basement..... :Poke:

(j/k kidding of course hope things get tracking and you are just having a bad day)

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Without a doubt, lots of them are snowflakes, but they've been conditioned to be that way. Get told your whole life that you're special. Get ushered through high school and college with the promise that there's a $100k/yr job on the other side, and before long you believe that crap.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

People lie. Who knew. I'm sorry, but anyone paying any attention whatsoever to current events over the last decade, with a modicum of intelligence, would have been able to figure that out. As for the $100k job promise, this generation has a world of information (some of it actually true) at their fingertips 24/7. If they didn't know it's because they didn't want to know.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I don't think it's as much this gen as the previous (X, Y). The kids now know they're screwed.

I don't know why you and sheep are fighting this so hard. It's incredibly clear to see in hindsight that the schools, the Dept of Ed, and others were in cahoots to gladly rake in massive profits selling a lie and promising a future that didn't exist.

Read up on the stuff Mike Rowe is doing now, and how it became clear to him what a sham college has become.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not fighting it, I just don't have any sympathy. We have all been lied to, they are not special. No participation trophies.

10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I think their primary argument is the lack of personal responsibility, not that college has become a pay for play scam promoted by guidance counselors and financed by the feds.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I get it, but when the deception is systemic, there's only so much personal responsibility can do. Nearly all of the info, all of the "trusted sources" were/are in on it.

crashman likes this.
  12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Let's just keep a list of non-victims. It will be much shorter.

I'm thinking one entry will do.

13. sheepofblue

Guess I don't understand that mentality at all. My 75 year old mother fell the other day and knocked her head enough to get a knot and CT scan with ambulance ride. Once I knew she was going to be OK I was calling her crash that night, no sympathy at our house :crackup:

14. sheepofblue

Not fighting it at all. Colleges are full of people that do not belong there, been that way for a while. Colleges are handing out more indoctrination every year. Colleges are handing out more worthless degrees. Colleges are full of racism. That said, the world sucks either lie there and whine or get up and walk across the whiners on your way to success. If you choose option one I will rip on you and feel zero sympathy.
    Bullshit, that is the same nonsense I have heard about 'I can't' from a lot of losers. For every success there is someone that came from less and made more. Whine or dine it is still a choice.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Still sounds like woe is me victim crying to me. Take responsibility for your life. Fuck up...own it and move on. In no way should student loans be forgiven...nor will they be. Pay your bills.

sheepofblue likes this.
  16. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

18 year olds cant decide whether to go to college or not, but by all means let's move the voting age to 16. Logocal.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they had those degrees at 25 and are now 35 still working at the mall kiosk the issue is not with the degree, it is with them and their drive or maybe even they're just too stupid to get a good job. There are a ton of people in management with no degree - yeah it may be McD's but so what.

cpettit likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that is not the rest of the countries problem...

That's another point - this whole woe is me I have a degree and can't do shit with it crowd is a small minority of the country and of the graduates every year. Yeah I'm an asshole but screw em and their degree and their debt, work at the kiosk and do nothing else, your call.

pawpawrc likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member