1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best/Worst Christmas presents

Discussion in 'General' started by blueduc37, Dec 19, 2003.

1. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

What's the best or worst you've ever given or received?

Best: Gerber Multi tool

Worst: Home made night gown thing (for a guy??!!) that looks like something John and Michael from Peter Pan wore.

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've never given, but I've received some good....Oh sorry, this thread is about Christmas presents. Nevermind.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Best: My annual Motocourse.
    Worst: A tombstone.

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Best - my first Z50 at the age of 5. I had a bike at the age of 3 with training wheels but it didn't stay at my house.

Worst - Every year my grandparents give me perfume. It's the same perfume they have been giving me since I was 13. The stuff smells like dog butt and do they really think that someone goes through a 12 oz. bottle of perfume every year?

5. Best: Double decker Crafstman roller bearing tool bx from the father in law

Worst: Bottle of Old Spice

6. thegoshow2002

thegoshow2002 lovely jubbly

Hey Davek,
    How do you manage to get Motocourse in time for Christmas, I can never get mine until sometime mid february.
    How many you got??

7. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Best: when the original Nobby rep helmet came out, I saw a small b/w pic of it in a magazine. I pointed it out to my gf as being cool...this was like July or something. She actually remembered what it was, and bought one for me for Xmas that year.

Worst: My 'crafty' aunt painted 2 spoons and ganve them to me. the idea was to bend them, and hang them on the tree...???

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I get the order confirmation. Sometimes I get it in January, last year it was almost March.

How many? 1990/91 I think is my first year and all subsequent years.
    A lot of doubles and triples (when classic motorbooks was closing out the old ones for like $5 I bought all they had).

9. thegoshow2002

thegoshow2002 lovely jubbly

Okay, I get the conformation around the same time too.

Although my collection only reaches back to the 95 season

:mad:

I've also got a few of the "who works in motogp" <a href="http://go-advertising.com?go=books" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: books';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">books</a> which are fantastic.

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Best: Money

Worst: Big Dog t-Shirt from Kmart from my Grandmother.:rolleyes:

11. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Please tell me you wore it with pride:)

12. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Best: a piece of Art called "The Archway" from a gallery that I would go in just to see this painting for 2 years. Lee came home one day and I told him, "The Archway" is gone. I can't go in to look at it anymore.
    He was the one to buy it. It's hanging over my fireplace.

Worst: a recycled gift. It was a gift someone had given my cousin and she turned around and gave it to me. It still had her To:/From: tag on it. Clueless.:rolleyes:

13. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

$$$$ when you care enough to send the very best

14. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Best present: How my wife saved Christmas

Worst present: My mom got me a T-shirt with some geeky duck screen print on it with a caption like "Too Cool" on it and said it was "me". I was personally insulted. :mad:

15. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

Best: My first bike 93 zx6r

Worst: My grandma buying me clothes (every year I have to make a trip to goodwill) :)

16. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Best, Tucker born 12/20/2001 (close enough)
    worst, Grandma sent me footy socks three years in a row. The same ones.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

you all are nuts. grandma crap rules,

I don't care if it's a jar of pickles from 1948, Grandma crap is the best.

18. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Amen brother, I'm just glad I still got her.:)

19. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

consider yourself lucky, I wish my grandparents were still around to give me crap.

20. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Dude is was the SAME footy socks. She had to buy them all 3 years prior and give them out one year at a time. You can't even find those Footy socks.