1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to find someone …

Discussion in 'General' started by GarrettRick, Sep 30, 2023.

1. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’m trying to find a gentlemen in Syracuse ny . My dad purchased a car from him a long time ago , we never swapped the title and now the title is lost and it’s a major headache . I need to beg him to go get a duplicate title for a car .

I came up empty on google , anyone have good experience with one of the paid websites to find someone? Most of them just seem like bs spam
    I only have a name , city and ballpark age, no address.
    Kenneth raisen Syracuse ny if any of you sleuths want something to do :D

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

3. GarrettRick

i found that one , it wasn’t him. No clue if he died but it doesn’t seem unrealistic . He was in his 60s when I met him 20 years ago

4. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

He's waiting in the car in the parking lot of the DMV. Go outside and have him sign the duplicate title/transfer form. Done.

It's not like its stolen or he'll ever dispute the sale....

Rebel635, tl1098 and GarrettRick like this.
  5. GarrettRick

Found him
    Lol that was an adventure
    Amazing how a family death can turn someone into a regular internet detective

YamahaRick and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Details, how did you find him?

ToofPic and GarrettRick like this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Walked thru the paddock and yelled where's Assjuice?

8. GarrettRick

I had tracked down his address thru the head of the Shelby American automobile club
    No phone numbers at his address listed anywhere online I could find
    Once I had his exact address I searched all his neighbors til I got a phone number then called neighbors saying I was trying to get a hold of him regarding motorcycle parts since I knew he was a big vintage Indian collector. It’s regarding a 66 Shelby gt350 . I picked it up from him about 20 years ago and he was super helpful. He doesn’t use email and has no cell phone . He was quite impressed I tracked him down .

my dad sent me to pick the car up back in 02 or 03 . Sent me from Florida to NY to pick up and pay for the car in the middle of winter . I had $50k to pay for it and a revolver on me. First car I ever hauled , has been in our garage ever since . Time to give it a refresh and get it on the road .

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Awesome!!

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you have a bill of sale?

11. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

You can find pretty much anyone .I found my x wife's, boyfriends address,his wifes name,pretty much his whole family and previous addresses when he moved to Ga. from NY. Problem was physically finding him.I did get to chat with his daughter on the phone to let her know daddy has a girlfriend mommy doesn't know about.

12. GarrettRick

I do now

my dad did everything a “special” way . He probably would flip 30-40 cars a year , never in his name , always cash , always jumping titles. Makes everything a little more difficult on the backend trying to backtrack information . Thankfully the classic car world is small.

13. GarrettRick

I found my mom had several boyfriends during her marriage to my dad spanning 3 decades . All of them were married , I also let people know :D
    I enjoy rocking the boat, but clearly not nearly as much as my mother did:Puke:

ToofPic and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe you should get a DNA test to see if she's really your mother.

sdg, A. Barrister and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  15. GarrettRick

well … I did get one from my dad. The results were on brand for her behavior , let’s put it that way .

ToofPic likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version