1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video editing software?

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Oct 27, 2009.

1. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Question for all you on-bike video guys: what's your favorite .avi editing software? As always, free is good, but would be interested in hearing about good low-cost (<$50) options as well.

2. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

imovie.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Virtualdub for most basic stuff.

4. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Adobe Photoshop Elements. Might be slightly above your price point, but it's an excellent program.

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I have had good luck with Cyberlink Power Director.

6. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

hey, while we're on the subject...can somebody get me a bootleg copy of some higher end video editing software...something Adobe...maybe Premier, or Elements. something good, i don't want no cheap crap.

i keed. i keed. 'just wanted to get the Pirate Police riled up :D:D:D. i use quicktime pro most of the time for simple stuff, also Pinnacle Studio 9. i'm really interested in finding some good stuff tho'. something more professional.

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Canopus Edius and Adobe Premier are what I use. How do you like Pinnacle? I had Liquid for a bit and hated it. The Canopus stuff is top notch!

8. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Final Cut Pro if you are borderline serious. Premier doesn't come close in comparison. I movie is stupid easy and can do alot.

9. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Ive used Pinnicale since version 7 and have version 9 now...I love the program but BeJezzuz it buggy as hell. It locks up alot, just die on you at times and when it comes time to render down the video for out put it was a 75% chance it would work on the first try. While using it I stayed on the home site downloading patches to fix shit. It would work for a while then more issues then a new version would come out promissing to fix it all...then more problems.

I went and got Adobe Premire ELements 8. Version 9 is out now...not sure what the difference is tho.

I just got a boot L...um a copy of Adobe CS3 Suite (I think its the master collection with everything on it) So Premire Pro should be on it.

After I make this video im working on im going to try it out and see if i want to stick with it or stay with Elements....

All are about $99...

I would recomend Elements. Its simple. I went from Pinnical systems to element without having to read a function key book. Im loving it so far.

10. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I wish they made a PC version...its the only thing making me want to go back to a mac....the only thing....

11. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Thats why I dumped Pinnacle as well. The Canopus stuff has been flawless. I have their $99 dollar software and also the $2000 pro suite with HD and a bunch of hardware. The $99 isnt as cool but it's rock solid for doing simple edits.

12. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

Sony Movie Studio 9 works great, and doesn't crash like Pinnacle.

13. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

Final Cut Pro

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

+1. If you've got a Mac, that's the way to go.

15. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

For under $50 I would say Pinnacle.

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

...see post 9. :)

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

yup.:stupid:

18. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

windows movie maker. i don't do much with the videos short of trim them and add music.

19. dakh

dakh Well-Known Member

I just need to cut pieces and upload to tube, for that you want to not re-compress the original stream from the camera to keep quality as good as possible. virtualdub can do that, just copy pieces of the original stream.

20. CephasGT

CephasGT Track Day Dreamer

Windows Movie Maker is actually pretty good for most basic editing stuff, and it's surprisingly capable. Tends to render a bit poorly, though, IMO.

I've been using Sony Vegas Pro 8 for some time now, and love it. VERY capable program, and intuitive enough to use that you can make some impressive looking stuff without having a 4 year degree in it. Also very stable, no bugs that I've noticed at all.