1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best V6 HW bike?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by toecutter418, Feb 19, 2011.

1. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

I'm a big Yamaha fan so I say 87/88 FZR1000. What say the powers that be?

2. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Eboz and Hickman might argue with you on that. Though Chip Mayfield road that Yammy and killed us all. Didnt Dale Bouros ( I spelled it wrong) ride a Gxser also? Jammie James was on a Yammy right?

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I'd say whatever you are comfortable on. I ride a suzuki 7/11 but the yamaha that Chip rode always had plenty of motor and handled great. Like I said it's probably more about the rider at our level. Lance is fast on anything he throws a leg over no matter what size. Pick one and come on out.

4. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Reason I chose Suzuki is that you can still find parts fairly easily. Several Katana, Bandit parts work for motors and everyone runs an upside down front end.

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Eboz know stuff....yami or zuk are always on the grid.

6. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I would go with the GSXR for the same reasons EBoz gave, but I think I like the Yamaha better. I've never rode the Yamaha, I just like the looks and I'm more of a Yamaha fan than a Suzuki fan. But Kawi's still rule everything!!! Lance

7. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

'86 Honda VFR 750! Outhandles the GSXR and torquey as hell. (I like to be the underdog)

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

86 vfr 750

I like to go it alone too. My pick 86 VFR 750

Steven Isenhower V-6 2001

Attached Files:

• 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      428.2 KB
      Views: