1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best track boot $250 and under

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by oconnor, Mar 6, 2011.

1. cMac

cMac Conservatively Libral

Alpine star SMXR from Riders discount. Talk to TJ

2. fossil59

fossil59 fossil59

Thanks for the info, all. I tried on the Sidi Verts & Vortice boots, liked the fit better (I got clown feet) than A-Stars. I can live without whizbang venting and cable-adjusters I think. Just afraid it'd be something else for me to break.

3. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

That's a good buy, did they have more? The only thing about the A*s is the width. My feet are pretty narrow so I thought the Sidis may fit better.

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

The Sidi's fit narrow feet better. A* boots run a size or so big, I normally wear a 45 but w/ A* the 44 is slightly large on me. The A* gloves are the opposite, go figure. You should really try on whatever you get before you buy.

5. RFORC1

RFORC1 Well-Known Member

6. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

7. oconnor

oconnor Bad juju

Well it looks like I settled on some used Sidi Vertice. Spent more than I wanted but decided there are quite a few bones in the feet and it's worth a little more to keep them all in their place. Plus the added adjustability will come in handy for my monkey toes.