1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best snyth oil/ thats cheap

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ginness72, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

hey guys , there was a thread on here about two months ago about OIL. there was an oil that a bunch of guys use that was a synthetic and best bang for your buck, i was trying to find the thread to get the name but was unable to locate. any info would be great, going to start getting ready for the season soon and trying to buy some stuff to start my pm. :up:

2. robs240

robs240 Well-Known Member

Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40. I don't know about it being cheap but for the money its well worth it. I get it from AutoZone for $8.99 (i think) a qt

3. coturi

coturi Well-Known Member

Shell Rotella T full syn. 5w-40 is $19.00 a gallon at Walmart.

4. Freddy

Freddy Well-Known Member

:up:

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Wurd

6. robs240

robs240 Well-Known Member

dang thats good :up:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

+100

8. dmb367

dmb367 Custom User Title A

+10000

9. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

I've noticed my oil getting black w/ the Rotella-T Synthetic.

I just did a fresh oil change and it still looks black through the site glass (whereas it used to look like new oil).

10. Mobil one synthetic car oil.

11. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

no ill effects with the clutch using the car oil?

12. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

+1 (to the Mobile1 car oil)
    15w50 is not "engergy conserving".

13. rondre3000

rondre3000 Well-Known Member

+ 1 billion on Shell Rotella T!

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

There are lots of threads on here about oil, so a search might give you some info. the good thing about Rotella-T synth. is that not only is is cheap, it's also as good as any other oil you can buy, and better than most.

The link below is a great read of you want some good info about oil in general.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Any oil will look black after a while. Don't confuse this with the oil being worn out though. I've had oil tested lots of times after many miles/weekends of use (street and track) and I've yet to have Rotella T analysis come back as 'this oil is shot...you should have changed it a while ago' (I'm paraphrasing).

The longest test I did was on a 1st Gen SV...put in fresh Rotella-T synth on the Friday before practice, did friday practice, 4 hr endurance on Saturday, sprints Sunday, and then a full track day weekend followed buy another full race weekend, and the oil was still well within service limits. On the street the longest one I did IIRC was 11,000 miles on my Triumph Daytona 1200, and got the same result (I did do a filter change in there...probably wasn't needed).

18. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

cool !!! thanks guys !!! the shell rotella is what i was looking for :up:
    I remember reading a pretty long thread on oil and everybody was saying good stuff about the rotella , but i was unable to remember the name. thanks again !! :bow:

19. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Make sure you get the Blue (synthetic) bottle not the white bottle.

20. Bob Shy

Bob Shy Banned

That supertech shit at walmart is cheap.
    Oh you said Good and cheap. Sorry.