1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best racing suit modification go to source?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Jul 26, 2020.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

So I bought a custom kangaroo suit that was specifically made for paralyzed riders with two full length zippers making getting into and out of the suit much easier for us. That was before I started riding all the crazy handcycle miles. Now, the shoulders and arms are massively too tight. Everything from mid chest down is fine. The arms are especially tight. Feels like the stretch fabric is going to explode. I think I need 1" added to the width of the arm areas and 2" to the shoulders. Who is the latest go to source for this type of modification?

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Barnacle Bill. /thread

Sabre699 and Metalhead like this.
  3. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

I'd go back to manufacturer.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Most custom suits are measured here and then built other places so I doubt that's a option.
    To answer ops question, I'm sending my suit to sport bike leather service to try them out

5. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

I got Vanson suit, built in the states. Had to send back 2x but got it perfect.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Get some inserts of leahter and spandex shit because you're arms will get bigger.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not an option.

8. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Give One X a call. I just got a custom suit from them and Daniel said repairs and alterations are no problem.

9. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Location is the key. Find a local person. Or get measured and send to bill. Z leathers can sort you out in LA.

10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Anthony's Leatherworks if you're on the west coast. They do a bunch of stuff for Dainese and Alpinestars. I got an off-the-rack suit modified by them before I started going custom. Excellent results. MotoAmerica did a YouTube video with them a few months ago.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Call/email Bill.

50Joe likes this.
  12. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Pretty cool location also!