1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best race distance lap time consistancy

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Feb 3, 2017.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I once had a race where I felt like a (slow) Pro.
    What was your best lap time consistancy, across race distance ?
    Bench racing 101...

2. Good question. I'd have to look it up. I know at Tally last year I did 6 consecutive laps that ranged from :59.8 to :00.6. But after that I was settled in the position I was in (wasn't going to catch May or Ethridge, and the guy behind me was way back) so I backed it off a lil the last few laps.

I'm sure I've been able to consistently do laps within a full second. But I know I've never done a full race within tenths like the Pros do. IIRC I've seen races where Lorenzo cranked out like 15 laps within 0.5sec. :eek:

My issue isn't fatigue or markers or anything like that, it is arm pump. I don't get tired, and I hit my markers (entry point, brake points, brake release points, exit lines, etc), it just depends on how long my right arm holds up (I've had the surgery on my left arm).

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I was working the pit board during a 24-hour at Nelson Ledges when Kurt Hall was on my bike. I rarely had to change the board, and when I did, it was usually by a 10th! He could run virtually the same lap time for 90 minutes at a time! We joked about plugging in the 1:15 chip before sending him out at night.

4. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

This is the most consistent one I've got. I hope to get back out there someday.

Attached Files:

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I did a 53.06 and a 53.02 last night ski racing, does that count? :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember that.

He was an amazing rider.

Triple X likes this.
  7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

One of my fastest races at Sears Point, 7 laps all within two tenths of each other, lost the front on the 8th and last lap. Didn't do anything different, was waiting three more corners to make a pass on my buddy. That was when I quit using michelins. :)

V5 Racer likes this.
  8. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The halcyon days of FORMULA USA. Britt Turkington on the Katana 600 was unbeleiveable at Pocono ('88,or '89?), Big men Scott Gray and Fritz Kling, Rich Oliver on the two smoker, ... Those were some exciting times. 'Tuners" class racing.
    Thursday Night Thunder was televised, and became a must attend weekly event for our crew.

This is by far my best race ever as far as consistency. Delta is .155 I knew that I ran a good race, but the actuals were way beyond expextations.

Attached Files:

10. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ive got one 4lap (red flag) sprint race that was within 0.08s. my best 6 lap race was within 0.4s. unfortunately, those races are generally somewhat boring, as im usually lapping by myself. my most consistent pro race was 1.25s at Miller.