1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best prices on Arai helmets?

Discussion in 'General' started by racerfranz, Jan 18, 2009.

1. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Like a complete knucklehead, I went to the local dealer here about two years ago and bought a Quantum 2 for an okay price. Heres the kicker, in my zeal to get a good price, I forgot to look at the build date! Jan `04!! I noticed this at my first Wera race last Feb. at Tally!

Anyway, I need a new one, and lookin' for a good price too, with a recent(like yesterday!) build date.

Thanks in advance for all replies... no, I don't want to switch to any other brands, I've worn most of em! I love the Arai's!

Any good sources out there, recommendations?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yama-saurus on here.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yama-saurus or Brian Van. Both good dudes.

4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid:

6. attackpainter

attackpainter Well-Known Member

Yama-saurus by far. He gave me the best deal ive ever gotten

7. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Thanks Guys!! I'll check them out!

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

yeah, that yama-saurus guy gets my vote....

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

if you are concerned about build date just buy a current graphic. you wont' find smoking deals on them because they are current, but you will know you are getting a newly minted helmet. if it's an older discontinued graphic, chances are it was made a while ago. ;)

10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

tis true. most closeout arai are at least 3 years old. some vectors are a little fresher on the build date, but quantum 2, corsair and such are usually borderline on the date once they hit the "going away' list.