1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Living location

Discussion in 'General' started by iomTT, Jun 10, 2014.

1. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

??

Everyones friendly here in the western mtns. Well, cept those folks from Fl lol. That must be a mid and coastal thing.

Haven't had an ice storm yet. Lots of snow tho. I like to backpack in it.

Hurricanes?

Great roads around here. Seems they've repaved 1/2 of them here in the county lately. Again, dunno about the eastern half. I don't go where its flat.

Not sure about the taxes. doesn't seem any worse then Ga.

Zero traffic in these here mtns. Cept those Fl peeps..:Poke:

The end

2. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Sounding a bit like " Taranaki" New Plymouth area in New Zealand where I live.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I just recently saw on FB Tn listed as the most dangerous 'State' in the US in terms of number of violent crimes. This same site also listed the top 10 most dangerous Cities, none of which included any Tn Cities. I'm thinking it's gotta be an error but would love to hear from those who reside there on that claim?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Memphis can be bad, the rest seems as safe or safer than anywhere else.

5. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

No where that I will be is safe man:rock:

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Knoxville tennessee. 4 major interstates collect here. All of which travel thousands of miles

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea but do Knoxvillians tip over cows for fun? :D

I heard it's a bit too rural, any truth to that?

I'll be in that area (Pidgeon Forge, actually) next month for half a week, I look forward to checking it out. Hitting up Nashville again for the other half.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pigeon Forge is near K town but way out in the boonies all the same. Knxoville isn't huge but I wouldn't call it rural. I think a lot of people just go up 75 and never see downtown.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Cool, can't wait to check the area out.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

If you're into historical stuff check out 'Cades Cove'. You can drive through it at your own pace. It's an old settlement.:)

11. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Remember the northern half(Piegon Forge, Gatinlurg, Maryville, etc) of the Smokeys and unless its off season(winter months are actually pretty nice), can and often does (really) suck..regarding traffic, endless tourists from Fl, etc. I hate it. The bottom southern half(where I'm at, Cherokee, Waynesville, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc is measurably better concerning crowds.

Theres also the Wheels thru Time (or something like that) motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley that would be cool to check out. Great place from what Ive gathers. Haven't been there yet. I do like the Cherokee historical museum in Cherokee. Very interesting and worth the stop.

Couple days ago, a typical summer day here in the these parts..did all of Tsali (mtb) that early morning...then met the wife at the NOC for a trip down the river(freezing 45* water) for the hotter middle of the day...then went out on the supermoto that late afternoon. One could do worse concerning where to live.

Today we kayaked the Nantahala river again. Had to swim:p. Dambit. Then end.

12. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Knxoville is really looking like a place I could call home. Love the log cabin industry around there

13. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

:crackup:

14. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Been searching house rental prices in Knocxville, very cheap compared to here and some really good quality ones

15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Beautiful area and smack in the middle of the tracks. You gonna stay semi full time? Would your kids come too, are they still in school etc? Good luck with the venture.

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I will be flying in and out for a year at least watching the spread sheet of how the business idea is going. And No to the family to live just yet, after the last 7 years my wife and daughter have given me time out to do what is write for ME ME ME ME:clap: They will of course be flowen over a couple of times through out the year and will be coming over to the Isle of Man TT races with me.

So I will only be needing a very small house with a massive garage/work shop and room to place a 20ft container in for packing of bikes and parts for export.

A couple of Builder Business owner mates here are very interested in the log cabin kit sets Prices, that could be another way for me to earn a little extra coin over there.

17. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

If you need a hand checking places out, let me know.

18. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Cheers man. I have sent a couple of emails to agents asking what is required for a forign git like me to take on rental property, as not being a resident I am sure it may be a little difficult.

Closer to the time, I may even just place an add myself for property to rent.

I may just have to look for shared accomadation there. I do not need anything flash, just a bed and toilet and shower, I could always rent else where when family comes over for a few weeks holliday.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:

Won't go so far as to say NC sucks but SC is far cheaper. Va is prettier. Tenn is both friendlier and cheaper IMO.

None of this matters because we alerted the authorities to be on the lookout for what appears to be a tall leprechaun. You will be arrested at the border. :D

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

With the leprechaun on my side, I can achieve anything I set my mind too dude, maybe you need to drop in for a brew when I get there and see if it will rub off onto you. I am really looking forward to meeting so many people of this site that I have communicated with for years now and never met who I will meet up with at the Wera races