1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bellypan penalties?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Feb 15, 2000.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

In the Fastline newsletter, it stated that there would be a penalty for not having a bellypan. Could you be more specific on the penalty. I am working on a pan for my "outdated" FZR400 now. But I don't if it will work.

2. WERA

WERA Administrator

Penalties will only be enforced if people repeatedly ignore the rule well into the season. For the first portion of the year we will be reminding people the rule is there and we'd like them to comply. At a yet to be determined time we will let everyone know that we will not be nice at their next race and if they still don't make an effort we will have to do something. Hopefully we won't get to that point. This is one of those rules we will always work with people on - how long we work with them depemds on the circumstances.

3. Tracee Polcin

Thanks, but almost got it done tonight.

4. wyldkat1

wyldkat1 Well-Known Member

ok, i have mine almost done and am curious if you really hafta have a "diaper" in it....and if so, what works best?? Pampers or the ones that fad when wet??? [​IMG]

5. Tracee Polcin

Luvs works better and they also come in pink or blue [​IMG]

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

Guess I really need to reword that... The diapers are only required if oyu are using one of the nylon/kevlar woven things - not if oyu are making a pan out of fiberglass or similar product.

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

I think diapers should be required equipment for every rider under their leathers, especially during endurance races. If our bikes aren't allowed to spill fluid on the track, then we shouldn't be allowed to either.

I just can't make up my mind whether to buy the pink or blue! [​IMG]

(disclaimer: This post is nothing more than random psychotic ramblings to regain my BBS expert status, and should be interpreted as such)

8. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

I creating a web page documenting my attempts to ruin errrr.. I mean modify my F2's lowers into compliance.

Of course by that time, everyone else will have done it too.... <shrug>

James "Anyone have a spare banjo bolt" :+(

9. WERA 16

WERA 16 Guest

Now in order to be pass tech inspection, will we have to safety wire the tabs on our huggies??? [​IMG]

10. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

I was wondering where to find this Nylon/Kevlar belly-pan? Will it work without any bodywork (I have an XR)?

11. Tracee Polcin

Finished my lowers up tonight. Not pretty, but they will work.

12. wyldkat1

wyldkat1 Well-Known Member

So, let me get this straight...if i make my pan out of fiberglass (which it is) i don't need anything inside it??

And i hafta agree with wera122 about the attempts to regain "expert" status....lol...i have been posting alot again too [​IMG]

13. WERA

WERA Administrator

No, you will not need a diaper if you have fiberglass lowers (at least not this year - but hey, if they work, you never know...)

14. wera122

wera122 Guest

Do they make fireproof diapers? What if some gas or oil spilled on the diaper and it caught fire? Are we going to be required to carry fire extinguishers on our bikes?

15. Tracee Polcin

That is why you don't want to wear a diaper. You can't pull off track put out the flames with body fluids. You would have to squeeze the diaper over the fire to put it out.

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

That sounds too messy. I'll take my chances and run without the diaper this year. I'll just make sure all my fiery crashes happen right in front of the cornerworker stations so a fire extinguisher will be close. [​IMG]

17. Racepix

Racepix New Member

Speaking of belly pans anyone out there got something rigged for suz GS 500 I do have many skills but fiberglass is not one of them
    If someone has something I need 2 of them E-mail me Thanks

18. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

How about a disposable aluminum baking tray shaped under the bike as a mold, then glass over the bottom, connect it to your lowers and leave the pan in for heat protection from the exhaust? I am trying this week to get it done. I will post pics and instructions for the 400 if it works well.