1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beirut explosion......

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Aug 4, 2020.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Can we agree this rod of metal from the heavens did not happen? :D
    Wherefore art thou, Wiki. I should have been more clear. Those estimates are sample-based, not census-based. Without knowing a lot more about the sample you don't know the error term, and it appears the internal communities do not relate to them somewhat, due to implications of law and practice. No matter, I am not contending anything other than the nation appears to have a broad mix of Christian and Muslim adherents. (And it looks like Sweaty came to fight for it.)

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well there you have it. Sweaty knows better.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Metalhead's Lebanese cousin. :D

Metalhead, Quicktoy and Robin172 like this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Well, obviously... I'm just 'whatif'ing. Some people have to Klingon to any sort of conspiracy theories that they see, though.

Which brings me to my theory:

[​IMG]

5. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Definitely Aliens.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

I just want to know if there's going to be a taboulli shortage.

SGVRider likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

No, but the price of cedar siding shingles just went up for no good reason. :D

E Reed and joec like this.
  8. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i just hope Klinger is OK

OldSchlPunk, joec and ChemGuy like this.
  9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Fuck off twatwaffle. You made an absolute statement that is not supported by demographics. It isn't semantics, and I really don't care what the makeup of the country is, as it really isn't relevant to the explosion. You chose the limb you wanted to be on and began cutting the end between you and the trunk of the tree.

G 97 likes this.
  10. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

All I have to contribute. I feel like I’ve stepped into a room of

upload_2020-8-6_15-6-40.jpeg

Metalhead likes this.
  11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Good lord. I make a stupid fake post about something that didn't happen and it's turned into the latest conspiracy. That was kind of the idea behind my post but sheesh, I had no idea it would go this far.

fastfreddie likes this.
  12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

You anti semantic!

A. Barrister likes this.
  13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sorry Jed. I knew you were playing (and so was I --maybe should have left a smilie), but then it became a math problem.
    Some here though...

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Woah!

Let us visualise that a bit.

Is this some syrupy dessert from some southern zone?...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I coulda gone with penis cranium

16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It wasn't directed at you. The math was fun. The people running with the possibilty that it really happened, well...

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I've seen enough sci-fi movies to know that this was definitely caused by a skybeam.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup::crackup::crackup::bow::rock:
    By God, the old man still has it. :)

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Death Star. Definitely a Death Star superlaser beam. If one of you nerds would please calculate the math I would appreciate it.

A superlaser was a device which merged several separate "super laser beams" into a single exceedingly powerful beam. The largest superlasers ever designed, such as those in the Death Star and Death Star II, were superweapons capable of obliterating an entire planet with one shot at full power. There were also smaller-scale yet still immense superlasers designed for use by and against capital ships; these could destroy even the largest vessels at a single shot—and while they would not destroy a planet, they could nonetheless quickly devastate one's surface. Much more prosaically, compact superlasers were also used in industry; the Geonosians, for example, employed compact superlasers to melt iron ore in their droid factories.

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You are off your rocker, it's clearly the aliens from Independence day using a cloaking device from the Kilngons from Star Trek. Note the similarities in blast profile. Deathstar blast looks totally different:crackup:

[​IMG]

Shocker and G 97 like this.