1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beats Headphones - Peep hook-up?

Discussion in 'General' started by Millwoodva, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Millwoodva

Millwoodva Well-Known Member

I know they're overpriced, but want to "Keep up with the Jone's".
    My twin boy's are wanting them for their B-Day (4 weeks).. so need to purchase two "Studio" series.
    found this.. http://www.beats-by-dre-headphones.us.. but may be "knock-offs".. Thanks..Jeff

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

ha! DaveK told me he uses a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre when he's mixing his phunky sh@t. :D

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My wife won a set of the Solo Beats headphones on Wednesday at work (and a GoPro Naked!).

They do sound pretty damn good and fit on the head better than anything I've ever worn.

Would I actually buy them? Probably not .

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Beats are all bass with no highs but if your boys dig 'em, then have at it.

5. james walker

seriously, i'm actually glad this thread was started.

my kid has expressed interest in a decent set of 'phones. what's a good...moderately priced 'all around' headphone?

'something between an 808 drum and walmart tinny sounding crap 'phones? :cool:

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I was unimpressed with the sound from them in a side by side compare at Best Buy with other brands.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

James, do you wat noise canceling or just headphones. on ear, over ear or those turds you stick in your ear holes?

The be all, end all, life can be a real ball head phones are the B&W P5s IMHO but they are stupid expensive and not noise canceling. Noise canceling I have the bose but would go with the Klipsch M40 if I was buying today (even if they are Cannoli in daisy dukes ghey looking and stupid expensive).

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last two I've bought have been Sony noise canceling ones and I love em - however haven't compared them to any others, they were oh shit long flight airport purchases :)

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

They are decent cans and your kids will absolutely love them just because they are "cool". Many audiophiles are quick to dismiss them, because they dont have signature crisp, clean and spacious sound that most expensive studio or "reference" quality phones are known for. The Beats still produce some great sound & with a heavy emphasis on deep, pounding bass. Which is exactly what the intended market for this headphone is looking for. As long as you are using them for that purpose you will be absolutely satisfied with both the looks & sound they produce. (Think: You wouldnt buy a dirtbike to ride on the street.. or a streetbike to ride in the dirt). Long story short you love rap or heavy metal, you'll love these. Which is why they are endorsed by the one of the biggest producers in the rap industry.

As with anything I intend to purchase off the internet.. I always check www.slickdeals.net first. They are my #1 go to site for the cheapest price, coupons, discount codes, clearance items and just general savings. A quick search on Slickdeals yields this:

http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?childforums=0&forumchoice[]=9&q=beats+dre&s=

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  10. james walker

they're for an 11yr. old. i would assume over the ear, i'm told that's what 'cool' now.

also, stupid expensive is out of the question. i spend too much time on this board during the day to make any real money. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

12. That's Sennheiser money.. Beats are for hipsters and bro's.

13. james walker

aw damn, i'm a bro. i should probably go with the Beats then after all.

14. Millwoodva

Went with two of these Beats "Studio's" through the Monster Outlet $135 ea. shipped.
    Found the source on Slickdeals...YouTube.. kid shows opening a sealed box.. yada yada...
    Monster claims originally offered in China only.. Yao Ming Signature Series... "Red" only..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  15. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

I have the skull candys and I listen mostly to metal but they sound really good especially when a bass drop goes off

16. Moorespeedr

Moorespeedr Member

17. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

+1 Audio-Technica

I have a set of these ( http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD700-Open-air-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B000CMS0XU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1335554755&sr=8-9 ) and they are AMAZING. Compared them back to back with my buddy's Dre Beats and it wasn't even close. Only downside is that to get the most out of them you need a little juice, I ended up getting a Sound Blaster Headphone amplified for my PC as the soundcard was weak and that made a huge difference.

That said, if your kid wants beats, get'em. They'll look cool and make'em happy.

18. Millwoodva

Yep.. :up: Went with the Beats.. But twins.. so all is DOUBLE..

19. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Beats are junk.

20. Millwoodva

Thanks..Good to know..:up: