1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bazzaz Traction Control Map…Creating a Custom TC Map?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by vonstallin, Mar 8, 2011.

1. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Traction control map…

Does anyone know the procedures to create a custom TC map using the Bazzaz Software Interface?

I am trying to have the TC only work in Gears 1-4 and off in 5th and 6th gear. I have the twin Map switch and Dial.

The only thing I found on the Bazzaz site was using the twin switch map with Map 2 having no TC on (for launches)
    Any Help would be appreciated….

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  3. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

u can adjust the tc in each individual gear from "off" to 10 just by entering it into the cells unless i'm missing something here? haven't had a chance to play with the tc that much yet

4. stow

stow Well-Known Member

At the bottom of the table you can select a trim setting independently for each gear or turn it off independently for each gear.

5. D03Cobra

D03Cobra Active Member

Do not forget that as an example, if you setup you base map to be 5 across all rpms, whatever you set each individual gear to it adds to the base map, so if map is 5 and you set 2nd gear to a 2 that means all of 2nd gear will be at a 7. As well as whatever you set you TC switch to as well will add that number to the entire map as well, so earlier map at 5 2nd gear 2 and now TC selector to a 1 it means all of 2nd gear will be at an 8.

Bazzaz has online training via goto meeting. Can find the next available date here http://bazzaz.net/bz1/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=196&Itemid=224 the last one was yesterday the 7th, check back to see when the next one is.

6. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

lmao. that guy is a really good writer.

8. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

That doesn't make any sense to me. Dorn, RM, Huey, any insight? It seems to me that once the rear wheel breaks totally free, it'd accelerate much more freely than when it was limited by static friction against the pavement. The rate of change would rise, in my mind.

Have you guys noticed that in practice, or does the computer give up once the wheel's spinning freely?

9. vonstallin

Thanks for the Video Link....that realy took me from Not having a clue to Knowing how to atleast kill the TC in 5th and 6th gear.

On my zx10R I generaly use 2-5 and 2-6 at VIR.

I have the dial and twin map switch and I am on a 2008 ZX10R. I was going to kill the TC map on one so I can launch without the tc coming on, then flip the switch to map two that will have the TC on gears 1-4, TC off 5 and 6. I think that should be good to start out with.

Thanks for the informations and links I will study this stuff so i can try and get a graps of it. I havent found too many people who knows how to set the TC maps up.

Keep posting info tho...

10. vonstallin

Now that was a great read and took thing even further with my understanding on how to dail this thing in. Especialy is report on using it at Summit Point. (We ran that Race also.).

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

My interpretation:

Since they use crankshaft acceleration to determine wheel spin, they're monitoring the difference between crank speed with no spin and crank speed just at the beginning of wheel spin. If you whack the throttle open too aggressively the system probably can't intervene quick enough and then since the wheel is already spinning/crank has already accelerated from a no spin situation to an already spinning situation, it doesn't know the difference anymore and gives up.

Or, maybe I'm wrong...
    But I'm a gear head auto tech so I always read the tech threads! :up:

12. CbusRider

CbusRider Active Member

I want to bump this thread. I just installed this system, mostly for the quickshifter and fuel management but I'm trying to create a traction control map for the tracks I ride.

For those of you with experience using/creating your own maps did you find any kind of a sweet spot with the 1-10 sensitivity settings that didn't kill drive but didn't allow excessive wheelspin? I realize there are many variables including how you ride, RPM ect...but I'm just looking for experiences.

The one thing that should be the same is that while rolling on the throttle out of a corner we don't want to highside but do want stupendous drive. Let's say specifically a corner leading onto a high speed section of the track where most of us will be in the meaty part of the power band whatever bike we happen to be on. So for instance was setting 5 just right, not enough, too much? How about the "cut" time, did anyone modify that or just leave it at 5?

If anyone wants to post up their experiences, it sure would help eliminate some "testing" time during practice sessions and maybe even a high-side or two.

And yeah, I'm also curious about the question above, once the wheel begins spinning are you just SOL and left to handle the situation without the aid of TC?