1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bazzaz software problems

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JBaucom, Sep 12, 2009.

1. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

I've done searches and emailed bazzaz, but it's the weekend so maybe you guys can shed some light on this. I just bought a Z-fi for my wife's GSXR600, installed on bike and loaded the software into my laptop, when I plug it up as directed it tries to communicate, but says it can't find the driver(CP210x). During install, it said drivers installed succesfully. Anybody else seen this, or have any ideas?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If you go to device manager in Windows, you should see the CP210x driver as a simulated serial port when the Bazzaz box is plugged in to your PC and the ignition on. Usually Com7 or something. If not, reinstall and reboot. Follow the driver install instructions to the letter.

3. JBaucom

Thanks, I'll give it a shot when I get home.

4. JBaucom

It does show up like that, but says I don't have the software to install it. I'm begining to think I got a bad software cd from Bazzaz.

5. brassballs1979

brassballs1979 Well-Known Member

6. JBaucom

Per Bazzaz 10 minutes ago, "our software doesn't currently work with 64 bit systems". So now, I have a Bazzaz unit I can't tune with my new laptop without installing a 32 bit OS. This information should be all over Bazzaz products so that people know BEFORE making purchases. Just my .02

7. reciprocity

reciprocity Active Member

you can install the 32bit system as a virtual machine and only run it to update the Bazzaz unit.

this one is free.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

8. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I was just about to suggest the same solution - there are 64bit drivers out there. I don't know why Bazzaz doesn't know about them.

10. JBaucom

Bazzaz has emailed me back, saying they would have a solution soon and they'd get it to me asap. They sent me an email with new software attached, and afterwards it would communicate with the driver, but only for about 45sec.

11. jtalerico

jtalerico Fury

Pretty sure in Windows you can run an app as a 32bit process? I am no windows guru, but I remember seeing that when I right click and look at the properties of a application...

12. JBaucom

Just an update. Windows did its routine updates last night and picked up one for the driverfrom Silabs. My Bazzaz now works flawlessly:beer:

13. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Man! I am currently going through the same exact problem right now!!!

14. JBaucom

PM me your email and I'll send you the software they sent me (if they haven't already). Then when you run an update it should work, hopefully.

15. vito2279

I've been out of town. I sent you my email. Thanks bro!!:beer:

16. JBaucom

Link sent, hopefully it helps!

17. vito2279

I got the link. It works!! FINALLY!!!!!!! thanks bro!!!!

18. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

I got a strange problem with Bazzaz today. At home the communication was fine between my laptop and the Bazzaz unit. Today at the track it just keep trying to communicate the process bar keep going on forever and nothing happens. What can it be?
    There was no change made to the laptop since last time was working.
    Can be the time change DST?

19. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

its called windows, its shit, you gotta restart, and yes you can use win 7 64bit with bazzaz if u download the driver from the internet and dont be afraid to restart the computer multiple times

20. almano

almano The crazy Hungarian

I did restarted like 5 times uninstall, and all the usual things but no change...
    :eek: