1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barnesville Practice Day

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by swampape, Jan 22, 2016.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Dang you just missed us then! We were just testing the track out and hope to do a race or two there in the future. I have a YSR50 as well so I was considering doing a "minigp" class of YSR/NSR/Kayo if we run a race. There's also a good group of moped guys that want to participate and they're 50cc or less so we could always run with them.

Keep an eye on this thread I'll update it when we head back out there you're welcome to come along on the YSR

2. swampape

Here's a very short clip of us testing it out:

3. ChrisYSR50

ChrisYSR50 New Member

Yes, definitely. I'd love to get out there with y'all the next time you're out there.

4. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Feel free to post any Mini info on my Facebook page. I will promote any legitimate Mini activity. Cam Morehead

5. swampape

Awesome. Thanks Cam. We'll be going back out this coming Sunday to give it another try 2/7/16. Ya'll feel free to come on out. Trying to see if we can gain enough interest to do a couple races there at some point.

6. swampape

A few more photos of the bikes we had - XR/CRF100 and Grom were by far the most fun, but the RS125/85 and KX100 did well. Aprilia 125 was a little large but you could still hulk it around the track. That said, it was a little limiting.

Lap times were sub 30 seconds(ish) but could be much lower with a little practice. If you're willing to stay on the throttle and brake way late you can definitely get around it a lot quicker than that. Turns 3, 4, & 5 were all tricky and no one really totally figured them out with any kind of consistency all day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I was racing on that track in 2003.

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Great stuff!!!

swampape likes this.
  9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

So is this gonna become a regular thing?

10. swampape

Hasn't quite yet because there's been a ton of mini action going on. Between herrin, WERA, and the new thing developing at AMP + barnesvilles karting schedule it's been tough to fit it in.

I'll post in this thread with a heads up next time we head down there though

11. baconologist

you should publicize the AMP action if it's going to happen. There are a lot of riders on the north side.

12. swampape

13. baconologist

I'm too old to facebook. Thanks anyway