1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barbermotorsports Park?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tracee Polcin, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Any word on this thing?:confused:

2. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

i keep hearing he is not going to open it until his museam is finished. the track is awesome and it only needs one more layer of asphalt and it will be ready. Hope they don't put the same asphalt as nfmp put down that shit sucked:p

3. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

www.barbermuseum.org

according to the website, the museum will be closing in November to start the move. looks like the new facility will be open next spring

as always, subject to change at any moment

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Any new rumors about a US Grand Prix? The track's made to FIM specs.

5. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

The 2003 MotoGP calendar was just released, nope, no USGP.:confused:

6. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Dang it! A GP in Birmingham would be sweeeeeeet. Maybe next year.:(

7. F4Scott

F4Scott Step out of the car

I just heard that now they are hoping to have a race (no, I don't know what) there in February. We have heard so many dates now that it is hard to beleive anything.

I am the project manager for the glass and glazing contract on the new museum so I am starting to spend some time on site. I can say that November for the museum will be a push. It will be worth the wait. The new museum is absolutely awesome. I have gotten to take a few laps of the track (in a cage at very slow speed :( ) to inspect the glass from the track (I promise it was their idea) and the track is great. I counted 4 blind entries into corners and there is even a mini-corkscrew on the corner that leads onto the "Museum" straight. I already have the lay-out memorized, but getting a line going only 30 mph is tough.

One thing that is for sure, when it is opened this place is going to be RIGHT. Mr. Barber is cutting no corners and is letting nothing escape his personal scrutiny. Believe me, he is VERY particular.

Scott P.

8. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Yeah, we could show the world our finest there:D Just keep that shotgun shootin', beer drinkin' redneck Greg#22 away:p Trouble I tell ya!

9. GREG#22

:D

10. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

Redneck!
    HA-Ha.
    srs

11. GREG#22

what up scarbo?

12. eurobiketrash

eurobiketrash Well-Known Member

Greg --- a redneck? Funny thought he was sophisticated.

13. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Well, just talked to a good friend who works there. There is a push to get a race early next year. Big thing is, it may be a car race. Seems the car money men are pushing hard. There is also much interest in a GP (Bike) race. That may well happen. When, who knows. WSB and AMA Pro racing are also a possibilty. Again, when ???. Motorcycle club racing might get a look but don't hold your breath. It's just wait and see now.