1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by lee955i, Aug 17, 2017.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Thinking about road tripping up for the Moto A finale. Watch the races, FINALLY check out the museum, etc. Never been there so any info on decent lodging, best places to watch, etc. would be appreciated!
    Cheers!

2. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

We usually set up chairs in the tree line on the back straight. You can see a large portion of the track from there plus it's shady.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Plan most of a day for the museum.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I dont know if MotoA will allow access to the top of the timing tower but thats a pretty good place.

Razr likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not unless you have a VIP/Credential Pass for the 2nd floor as well.... Barber is great from all area's.... Take a Umbrella for shade for sure and check out the 2-4 area, Tunnel Hill and the back kink.. All great area's to spectate from...

6. This.

Unless you can land some VIP passes and can get inside the building.

There are several hotels right outside the track (on the left as you approach the track, after you turn by that Chevron). But I would make a reservation early; they tend to fill up fast.

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That one right outside the track is actually really nice. I stayed there last round and was impressed.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

think thats a Hampton Inn

Metalhead likes this.
  9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

If that price is too steep or its filled look towards Irondale, its a exit or 2 towards B'ham, several decent hotels there.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, even Trussville isn't too far a drive.

11. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

FYI...VIP tix are available for sale, last I bought them think it was $200 a day per head. If you can't score freebies that is.