1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber!! ROLL CALL! Early I know.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by cajun636, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mike 122

Mike 122 Ride!

I'm in for V7 MW & HW...the bike should be back together by then.:up:
    [​IMG]

2. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Just had to take it apart didn't you MIke? I'm assuming getting the forks and shock done.
    Eboz

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Soooooooo,

Let me get this straight . . . . No Friday practice at Barber May 4?

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I'd go as far as to say no. Since practice is usually the weekend of and the race weekend is the 12-13th. However they're may be a trackday.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I meant May 11, the Friday before the WERA Vintage races on Saturday, May 12. Thank you,

6. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

No

No

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Alls I gotta say is I can't wait. I LOVE Barber.... Or Barber"S" as the Alabamians call it. Got the FZR running well with Ole Yella's engine in it in the green bike frame. You Hawk boys better watch out!! Oh and you too Joe!

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

All I have to say is BRING IT!

9. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Gripp's down there practicing this weekend.

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

On it's on Old Dudes!!

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Good to know. Report back his lap times so I know how hard I'm going to have to work. :D

12. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Damn Hawks are too fast. I think the little EX can manage 45-46s. Maybe 44s if I'm really feeling frisky. Just giving away too much HP

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I just messaged him, he said he was having some R6's that he was following and was running some 1:38's....

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Whew! That means I still have a few seconds cushion. ;)

15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Morris why not get back on one of the little Fizzers? I saw that pic of you in the endurance race from 1902 or whatever. But seriousily. That EX does seem to suit you well but seems to always be down on HP. Did you get the engine together yet?

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I've thought about the FZR and loved mine, but I'm pretty happy with the EX. And now that I have 4 motors I think I'll stay! The bike will win somewhere this year.
    Due to complications with my impending divorce, I have not had the time to get on the motor build. So prolly for the next month or so I'll be on the stocker. Still plan the 540 kit w/cams, porting, valve seats, titanium valve springs, etc. when time and resources allow. But for now I need laps or I'll forget how to ride.
    Going to Tally next weekend w/AHRMA; Barber and Jennings w/WERA; then Cycle Jam for endurance, vintage and sprints.

If you get a chance, let me know exactly what the motor that I got from you that's mostly together needs.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

I know a Midwest CCS guy that has his own personal FZR400 scrap yard......
    (really he just took a kick in the balls with his employer & can't afford to race!)..... He might be looking to part with some built engines.

18. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I plan on slipping a few bucks to the right lapper and praying for rain. It's my only chance.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Well played sir. ;)

20. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Speaking of rain, is there anything I can do help keep my K&N pods from flooding out during heavy rain? I got eight laps in on the GS1000 at Tally in pretty heavy rain before it gave up. They make some fabric cover things (not cheap) to put over them. Anyone know if those work or is there a better idea? Thanks! (And there shall be no rain at Barber!)