1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber lap time in the wet

Discussion in 'General' started by pjdoran, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

I realize I am asking for a flame job but....any idea of a reasonable lap time at Barber in the rain (any class machine is fine for comparison)? I am mourning a lost paint job as I wash the mud out and hoping it was worth it.
    If it matters, air temp was 80'ish.

2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I was able to get to a 1:54 in full wet on pirelli rains. Not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but I was happy with it lol.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

I think the AMA boys were running like 35's...

You? :D

4. pjdoran

51 lap before skid-scratch-launch-crunch. On SV so not much but paint and hope lost.

5. pjdoran

:(
    And depression blankets me:(

6. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

seems like the average is about 10-12 seconds slower than your dry times. I haven't personally run it full wet, but I've been there when others I was pitted with were running it wet and I compared the times.

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

it also depends on how much water is on the track. i've done 47's on an sv when the track was wet with no standing water and no rain falling. this past time when there was standing water running across the track and continous rain, it was more in the 51-52 range if i remember.

8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Barber seems to hold water quite a bit on the track, it really depends on how wet it was.

9. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Probably a 37 or 38 full rains on a 1000.

10. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

For who? Mat? Spies?