1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barber info for a new guy

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Flying998, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

Hey to everyone...

I'm a recent transplant to the Memphis TN area (unfortunately) that has me switching over to WERA from CCS (fortunately) and finally able to have some permanent fun with y'all other than VIR!

That being said, I have a few questions about the facilities at Barber since I plan on being there in a few weeks:

- RV/Toyhauler facilities? I know they have 30A hookup, but how about water and/or dump station? also, how are their shower/restroom facilities and how far from the average pit camp are they?

- Do they have WiFi available throughout the paddocks/pits?

- Whats the word on bring the furry family friend (dog)? I know some places aren't too keen on our adopted stepchildren.

- Can you walk/bike the track after it shuts down on friday???

- When does that gate open on friday?

and the last few questions are concerning SV650 setup...

- Any recommended gearing in particular for a SS SV650 with a 185# rider?

- What are "competitive" times in both EX and NOV classes?

Thanks for the info early and I am looking forward to a fun season in the Mid Central region.

See you There,
    Chris

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Showers are nice and within walking distance. You have to ask permission to do track walks. www.wera.mylaps.com for lap times

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Oh yeah, Welcome to WERA

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

- RV/Toyhauler facilities? I know they have 30A hookup, but how about water and/or dump station? also, how are their shower/restroom facilities and how far from the average pit camp are they? NO DUMP SATATION BUT THERE IS A LOVES OFF 20.. YES SHOWERS ARE NICE.. ON LEVEL 2.. DONT CAMP ON THE HILL

- Do they have WiFi available throughout the paddocks/pits? NOT THAT I AM AWARE OF

- Whats the word on bring the furry family friend (dog)? I know some places aren't too keen on our adopted stepchildren. NO DOGS

- Can you walk/bike the track after it shuts down on friday??? I HAVE NOT SEEN IT HAPPEN

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is/was wifi, not sure on cost but it's definitely not free. You can do dogs - but you have to keep them really truly on the QT. For example mine stay in the RV the whole time and for walks I drive them over to another part of the property.

Walking can be arranged but I need some warning - preferably that morning - so we can set things up with the track peeps. As you might imagine they are very protective of the property.

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

The track is beautiful. Welcome to WERA!

7. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

chris, i'm coming over friday and saturday, and i'm looking for some riders to help out to give me something to do. i think i know the sv, and the sv at barber as well as anyone. i'd be glad to help you if you want.

as far as your questions, on my SS 650 i ran 15/44 there, my fastest times were 1:36's. i'm not sure about novice times, but i'd think at least 3-5 seconds slower would be right.

8. Flying998

Flying998 Well-Known Member

Awesome replies... thanks guys. These forums are SO much better than some of the others!!!

Now, if I can only get someone to pick me up a pail of VP MR12, I think I'd never ever leave WERA. the nearest distributor to me is a 2-hour drive out of the way and since loosing weight or spending big $$$ is not an option for me, the MR12 is the best go-fast bang I can find for my buck. I'd be happy to PayPal anyone a down-payment....

Looking forward to the weekend!
    Chris

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just run pump gas - you're better off spending money on track time as far as going faster.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - if you insist on running race fuels Chuck Ivey with TVR is usually at a lot of the SE races and will bring VP with for sale.