1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad news from Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by bluebye, May 15, 2003.

1. bluebye

bluebye skinitback

Well, just talked to Road A. On their web site They are charging $25.00 for allowing any vehicle without a tag on the property. The lady confirmed it includes 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, Golf carts, Dirt bikes, mini-bikes, and all motorcles without a tag. I dont want to take my street bike up in that mud hole. Lets see,,,$45.00 ticket,,10.00 parking,,10.00 camping,,,10.00 pits, 25.00 atv thats $100.00. Plus the fine food and drinks .Those prices are for one spectator.

2. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Yup. :(

Of course if you are the sneaky type you could probably get a pit bike or such thru incognito...

If it wasn't for the fact that I am bike shopping, I would probably pass on going this year.

3. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

So you want me to bring the Bandito?

As far as the RA stuff: It's like all the RA people sat in a room and said "Well folks this year it's on us, so how are we gonna gouge people? Can we charge for the porta potties? Maybe we can do like a bring-your-own-bottle thing with a surcharge on the bottles? No sunscreen and then sell it for $20?"

It's really honestly like they thought of every thing a consumer needs / does and then decided to charge for it!!!!!!!

I'm HONESTLY thinking boycott... It doesn't seem good / fair for the fan.

Hell banning is even better than this. VIR bans all non-tagged bikes. Because they don't want you being an idiot and tearing up the grass. To charge for it screams "we just want to make $$$ off you".

...and 10 for camping. The RV charge is like what? 150-250!!!

I wantthem to make money. I know they have good intentions but maaaannnn. why stick it to the fan?

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

The email I got also mentioned a waiver of liability.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27563

5. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

Hmmm... Naw, I've nixed GSFs off my shopping list. Its down to a YZF or a TT600. :cool:
    Besides its red. :p

Probably more like they are trying to dampen down the number of drunk morons running amok all weekend...

I'm not sure its a good idea, instead of doing burnouts & wheelies on their 4 wheelers and minibikes they will *have* to use their big bore street bikes. :eek:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The street bikes do damage to their owners, the others do damage to the property. But I agree that it is mostly a money making deal.

As far as this vs. banning - I like this better. I have no problem at all with the track making money, it's up to the customer if they choose to pay it or not.

7. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

$25 fee to be able to avoid walking that stretched out facility is fine with me...kinda sucks, but oh well. I could just bring the Supermoto DRZ, but then I probably shouldn't ride that drunk, at night, in the rain, on old race tires:D

That's what the XR100's for...

Gotta have minibike to race through the woods and the gocart track with...

8. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

So they will charge an extra $25 for every racebike :)

9. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

...think I could get away with using the tag off of my Harley and putting it on my scooter? I mean, it IS a tag, just not the correct tag. Scooters don't even need tags in SC for chrissakes!!!

-Wish

10. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I'll be bringing the YZ250 dirtbike, with the tag off my roadbike stuck to its arse.

They can only tell me to take it off and pay $25 right?:beer: