1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad News at Tally Track day 5/24/08

Discussion in 'General' started by dabutracing, May 25, 2008.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

I think thats how he would like to be remembered, IMO, not inappropriate at all. The last pic says it all, riding off to into the big racetrack in the sky. :)

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Those photos are so moving. Jason has great style and looked to be an excellent rider having fun. We never know when our last lap is at hand; the final pic is almost too much to bare.......
    Wish I'd met you Jason! Someday hopefully (if I'm allowed in).

mmfoor

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:( :( Rip

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1. Great shots of a man following his passion; nothing wrong with that at all.

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ditto to that... Jason I didn't know you either but I am sure we spent weekends among each other.. I am sure we will meet each other in the future... Godspeed.....

6. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Deffinately a rough weekend. My thoughts go out to his family. I was one of the staff members there, and felt so helpless :( . I was actually just on the other side of the tower when it happened, making my way to pit road, and saw him as I turned on pit road. I smelled oil, saw a cloud of smoke, and thought a bike blew a motor. I entered pit road, and to my right on the pavement he lie. It was rather confusing at first, and then I realized what happened, and felt extremely helpless. Being unable to help a brother in need hits pretty hard, especially considering the outcome.

He passed doing something he loves. Can we all be so fortunate I suppose.

The last pic, of his last lap is too much to take.............

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  7. Fassina4

Fassina4 needing some sleep

this has hit harder than most..... Kendrick the pics are awesome. I think that feeling of being helpless was how everyone there felt. Please God be with Jason and his family.

8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

GODspeed!!

9. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

I pm'ed the photographer, im sure his mom would love thse pics.
    Thanks for all the words and prayers

JB

10. da chop

da chop BEN SPIES is my hero.

those photos are great. i have a hard time lookin at them without havin tears in my eyes. thank you so much for sharing them with us. and like JB said, his family will love them.
    thanks
    again
    jm

11. Liren

Liren Sippy Cup Siren

Helpless doesn't begin to describe the feeling of seeing a fellow rider down and being unable to do anything but wait. :( My heart goes out to all of Jason's friends and family.

12. Gerloff310

Gerloff310 G-man

A tough weekend for the racing community. Prayers go out to the family.

R.I.P. - The Gerloff's

13. dabutracing

dabutracing Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say thanks to the photographer. Those pics of him are great and do him and his love of racing justice. You can see it in his eyes. The last pic is moving in so many ways. He's leaving us behind to bigger and better things. I can not look at it without crying. Thank you for those pictures. I know his family will love them too. Thanks again to the WERA community for their outpouring of support. His visitation was amazing tonight. Three or four different times the line was out into the parking lot. They even ran out of paper in the guest book and had to refill it. You could tell from those things that everyone that ever meet Jason liked him, he was truly a great guy. I just hope I have the pleasure of seeing him again one day.

14. chest2tank

chest2tank Well-Known Member

Yes, Mark Sheldon and I already discussed this. His family should be receiving all the photos of him that I have over the next week or so.

I've now rewritten this post about a dozen times, and I keep erasing as words cannot relate exactly how I feel about this. I spend moments with each of you, intimate moments. To think that one of those moments could be your last.....

15. da chop

da chop BEN SPIES is my hero.

all i can say is THANK YOU. this means so much to all of us.
    thanks again for sharing these with us.
    jm

16. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

VERY moving pictures, especially the last one :(

17. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Terrible news :( Prayers go out to his friends and family.

18. Gixxerfix

Gixxerfix Member

My prayers go out to his friends and family.

19. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

:stupid: Sorry to hear. Thanks for the pictures, you could tell he was having a great time!

20. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Very sad news.

Godspeed Jason