1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bacon Salt

Discussion in 'General' started by Sprinky, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I saw this stuff at the grocery store last night.

http://www.jdfoods.net/ourstory.php

I just couldn't bring myself to buy it, but as I lay in bed thinking about the whole concept of bacon salt, I'm starting to like it. You could take the delicious flavor of bacon with you camping, tailgating, work, etc, etc. Want some bacon flavor on your McD's fries, pull out the bacon salt from the glove box. Of course nothing can replace the sweet sweet flavor of some pan fried thick cut bacon strips.

Mmmmmm....bacon.

Sorry if this is a re-post, I didn't see anything on it. Plus anything bacon should be posted as much as possible.:D

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Hmm, you could add the bacon salt to the bacon Bloody Mary's :D

[​IMG]

3. Sprinky

You're missing the pickle in those Bloody Mary's. Well, after seeing some of your other posts maybe the pickle is just in another place:D:Poke:

I will have to try the bacon in the bloody mary though!

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

If you check out the link for Hurricane Mikey, he talks of the joys of bacon salt. The company even sent him a bunch of stuff because he raves about it all the time.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which store? I've seen smoke flavored salt, butter salt and cheese salt for popcorn, garlic salt....bacon salt might be a way to get bacon flavoring without the additional fat. Not a 100% replacement, that would never do, but I might try some bacon popcorn.

One of my favorite snack crackers as a kid was Bacon Thins.

6. Sprinky

Pick and Save up here in Milwaukee. I'm no longer a Southerner :( I saw that they had Kroger listed as a place to get it though.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn that was quick. We didn't even get to have a beer.

8. Sprinky

Yeah, a combination of a lot of things sent me back up here. Long Story. I'll be back down there to do some scuba diving this winter. I'll shoot you a PM when I'm heading that way.