1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backyard MX tracks

Discussion in 'General' started by bella749, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

'twas a 9 sec car before that then was totaled:(

Also got a couple Novas buried:)

I hate novas

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Let me tell you about how BCBS hounded me over my last knee injury! :down:

That ended with "....well then subpeona me and I'll tell you in court." :mad:

3. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

4. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I know of someone in OH who uses his table tops as the gun range backstop.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

WTF would you consider this shit hole in SC?????

Christ, I'd leave right now for Texas!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Please send a resume and I will get back to you within 4 - 6 weeks whether you would be allowed...:D

8. fallrisk

fallrisk Well-Known Member

About 20 acres. Woods trails with a few jumps thrown in, a banked turn and a clay oval.

Its possible to to run a few different configurations and some of the woods are cleared enough for a proper 2-4 person race.

I find the clay to be a pita. The oval is slightly banked to the inside and with every rainfall we get huge ruts in the track and it keeps washing away the clay. Its dusty, hard (hurts), takes way too much work to keep it flat.

Im going to try and build a few more jumps this year but we try to keep that to a minimum since nobody knows wtf they're doing and its dangerous enough with all the trees always trying to hit you.

Ill try to find some pics.

9. bella749

bella749 Well-Known Member

This is the kind of insight I need. The Wife likes SC. I Don't mind it, but am curious to see the pros/cons post-military. Gimme the scoop!

10. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Great conversation. After nearly 30 in the Corps, I'll be looking for places to retire as well. Riding, housing, land are all on my list to research too.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I did not know there had a faux texas in canada. :D

12. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Kinda off topic here. I am planing on putting in a small falt track for my boy to ride on. What is the best way to get the drit smooth and flat.rent a roller?

13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Hey Sheik, Do they even make motorcross gear big enough to go over those cannon arms of yours?

14. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

Twenty acres? For 50's and lawnmower racing one acre is fine.

And I don't understand people "researching" the whole country for a spot to ride. Anywhere will work. What would it matter, you're obviously gonna be in the country anyway.

15. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Bad A$$!!! :bow:

If I had that I'd never leave the house. Sure, I've said that before but all those were mistakes that kept me from riding.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That is sweet, be a blast on my DRZ125. :clap::up:

18. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

There's a house in Poynette WI by our lake house that has a sweet MX track. I'm looking for a 125 and the kids have a 50, so I'm gonna be over there with beer and work shoes on this spring and hope they'll let us ride for work/beer.

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

that track looks awesome except that all those doubles need to be tabletops. ;)

this homie don't like flying thru the air that much.

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

that's just smart planning :D