1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to the future

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Aug 14, 2022.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

In Back to the Future, Marty goes back to 1955 from 1985.

If you did that same time span today you would only go back to 1992.

F^*K I'm getting old.

F#$K. F%#K.

Now I'm depressed.

GM GIXXER, ducnut and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup::crackup::crackup:
    . Welcome to the world of the old

3. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Whiney punk kids

KneeDragger_c69 and R Acree like this.
  4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

[​IMG]

969, Shenanigans and noles19 like this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah man, its depressing and its only gonna get worse. I suggest alcohol and motorbikes.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I don't know what you were doing in 1992 but I was all modern and shit. Take that depressing crap elsewhere. I ain't old.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I am, so GTF off my lawn.

wsmc42 and ducnut like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep and the changes that occurred between 1955 to 1985 are a fraction of what occurred between 1992 and today but yet 1955 still seems like a much larger time warp even though not as great of change.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

To add to this, the signs for year born to purchase alcohol are now are 2001

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

You shopping at the GAP and wearing a baja jacket with your Swatch does not equate into being modern. :D

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I always figured Papa was more of Wilsons Leather guy. Or maybe an Aussie duster and matching hat? :crackup:

G 97 likes this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Wilson’s Leather store? Haha! You’re pulling up some classic shit, right there.

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm still racing the same bike I had in 1992 and next year I'll be racing the bike I raced in 1981.

5axis, YamahaRick and fastfreddie like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You actually remember 1955, don't you? :crackup:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nope. Born in '56, but I have no real recollection of much before '59 or '60.

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

But the changes from 1985 to 2015 in real life came nowhere close to the predictions in the movie with flying cars, gravity-defying hoverboards and Mr Fusion. But at least the Cubs did win the World Series. Thankfully the double necktie never became a thing either. Gah.

17. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I still have the same wallet I purchased at Wilson's leather in the 7th grade. Amazing how long they last when you have nothing to put in them.

ducnut likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don’t try using that condom!

969, Saiyan66 and ducnut like this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had/have a duster (great rain gear for cold race weekends) but the hats were always basic caowboy.

20. ChemCal2

ChemCal2 Member

People in the next thirty years will talk about the 1900s by saying "nineteen hundreds". I'm going to feel like a dinosaur if anyone ever talks about us like, "He was born in nineteen hundred and eighty five".