1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back to Back Races

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by MikeB68, Jan 15, 2018.

1. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

Gonna start racing this season. Looking to run Both C's and B's and the MW Senior SB. I have a stock 600rr. Yes unfortunately I'm old enough to run the senior events. I noticed on the schedule(Mongo posted in another thread) that B SS and MW Senior SB are back to back. Is it realistic to run back to back races? How much time does one have between races?

Thanks
    Mike

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

It's more than realistic to run back to back sprints. Just keep heading down hot pit after you pit in from race 1 and go wait 30 seconds or so and they'll send you out for the next race.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

If you have the time and personnel, having the bike stand, extra gas, fire extinguisher, & something to drink ON PIT ROAD is a good idea most times. If its known there are racers with back to back races, they try to allow a Little time between them, but don't bet on it. Be glad if they do a short break, but don't count on it.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Broome to the courtesy phone.....

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

get your fitness up and stay hydratwd. Good news is 3rd call butterflies for the 2nd race wont be an issue. Also pace yourself for the classes youre most competitive un.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

start out slow -all i can say.

don't overestimate your abilities running a back to back race from the beginning. do some weekends with spaced out races before.

getting all in check, knowing your tire conditions, the ability to adjust pressure, possibly refuel, and most importantly chill out and catch a breath is something you will surely appreciate in the beginning of your racing career.

7. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Back to backs on one bike is easy. Keep in mind it's only 16 laps, which is less than a solo 20, and you have a little break in the middle. Position a water bottle somewhere on pit road and just come in from the first race and go right back to pit road, take a sip of water and head back out. You don't need to worry about warmers because your tires are already warmed up. Put in enough gas for two complete races so you don't need to worry about fueling.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

What these guys have said. I typically take a slower warm up lap in race 2 to catch my breath.

JBall likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

It's probably better for your tires too, since you aren't sort of putting in another heat cycle.

10. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

Awesome. Thanks everyone. See ya at Grattan 5/5 5/6 :)

JJJerry likes this.
  11. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

I did CSS, SSBK and BSS 3 in a row for years. It's not a big deal, only 24 laps with 2 breaks in the middle. Skip the warm up lap if you feel the need and set a water where you can get to it on hot pit or have someone hold one for you. My best times were always in the 3rd race.