1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome racing at the Herrin Compound

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by TurboBlew, Feb 9, 2015.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

2. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Damn, Looked like lots of people on the ground. Can't wait to come out and play.

Flat track looks nice, did you ride it?

3. TurboBlew

I was kinda ill Sat night. I definitely will next time. Want to get a slider shoe too.
    Robby Bobby & Zack do a really good job on it. Sunday you could see all the rubber on top of the clay.

4. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Absolute chaos, love it!

5. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

sounded and looked more like a demolition derby! :D

6. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I don't mind that as long as everyone is on the same page. Where things get dicey is when one rider is happy to turn laps in 22nd place, and the guy in 23rd place thinks there's a cash prize for 22nd...

7. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

it almost looks too packed.. do they grid by laptimes? it would almost make sense to do heat races and have a main event for each class?

8. TurboBlew

turn out was bigger than expected so they kinda had to fly by the seat of their pants. They did do heats as lap time qualifiers for the mains in the MW grid. The MW class is just about every bike out there from Groms to TTRs to XRs.
    Also they did a 2 wave start. I started in row 10 on a 4/3 grid setup...lol. I had to use the 1' grass patch by the pit wall all the way into turn 1.
    31 stock XRs/CRFs in the XR class. Also Josh brought out the scale in the heavy hitters class... found a 198lber in that post race tech. Race winner was ~290 & on a grom! :up:

9. delekus

delekus Well-Known Member

I somehow got around every one of those crashes in F3 advanced and middleweight, had some close calls though

-Chris Evans