1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avon trackside vending

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by stickboy274, Dec 15, 2002.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

well after some encouragement from a current customer, I am now going to be able to vend Avon's at the track. I already sell Bridgestone's so will be there anyway. some of you have already met me and watched me fight your spoke wheels.

here is where you come in, I need to know if anybody would buy them at the track? or do you all have something worked out that you wouldn't need that?

what tires you would actually need?

I am willing to invest in this because on more than one weekend the vintage racers supported me more than the modern guys. in appreciation I want to be better prepared for helping all of you. please let me know what you think and thanks

Derek "stickboy" Bennett
    DB Motorsports
    803-755-9984

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Derek, you've done right by us and we appreciate having you at the track. Probably one of the more popular Avons is the 130/650-18 which a lot of the bigger vintage bikes with skinny rims use. They were developed in conjuction with John Cronshaw to fit rims as narrow as 2.15". But then you probably already knew that.

3. stickboy274

thank you. i am trying to get enough info so that i could go the the wera/ahrma weekend at nfmp and be helpful.

4. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Yo Stick- contact Lyn Garland, he's an autherized dealer.(he's the guy that ribbed you when you were fighting my tire/tube at tgpr)

5. stickboy274

i have set up the account and have a list of some popular sizes, so i'm getting there

6. RPatch

RPatch Well-Known Member

Dereck,

When are you picking up Cheng Shin? I thought the recent review of them was pretty good: "They really aren't as terrible as you'd think".

I need a pair of tires for a Norton. I'll check on the sizes and get back to you.

Robert

7. stickboy274

i thought that was so funny. i felt bad for them. take all that time and money and thats the response they get.

8. David L Hurst

David L Hurst Active Member

Hey Stick, my grandmother sells Avon too!!

9. stickboy274

dude! you should never say your g'ma selss rubbers. it gives a bad impression and she doesnt deserve that

10. Wizard

Wizard Well-Known Member

how about michelins do you sell them trackside or does anyone

11. stickboy274

I am putting in some calls on that to see if I can fill in the gaps. if it doesn't interfere with anybody else's deal I will bring some.