1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average cost of used xr/crf 80 rim?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gluvnaa, Apr 27, 2012.

1. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

What should I expect to pay for a used front wheel to mount up onto the xr100?

Looks like $100-120 is the going rate on eBay and I wasn't able to find anything local from Craigslist.

thanks!
    Andrew

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Used XR/CRF wheels are evidently made of platinum (they only use gold on the ninja 250 wheels, as I've found them cheaper). I've been looking for a rear for the CRF70 and they are ~200 bucks on ebay. Need an extra set for the 50, and it's the same thing.

<edit> Just went and looked, the 50 wheels seem to be in decent supply now for around 50 shipped. No 70 rears. The 100s seem about like you said, although there is one with a "hop" for 50 bucks. :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Do you have a good hub?
    I have a new rim I'll sell for 30$, Buchannon has spokes for 80$
    Its not the cheapest route but you will have a good wheel, lots of the used ones have busted spokes. Besides who doesnt love building and truing wheels?

4. superkain

superkain Well-Known Member

hahaha, I bought mine unmarred and with tire and tube on it for $60 plus shipping. keep looking. you can find it.

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

+1 I think i spent around that as well.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

A new wheel assembly is $240 shipped from ronayers. Sounds expensive BUT not having to deal with morons parting out a dirtbike... it ends up being cheaper and less frustrating. :D

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Somewhat related question. What is the going rate on a 100 engine?

8. gluvnaa

That is a good idea - but I dont see the complete sold for $240 on either the XR or CRF. Am I missing something?

XR80R: http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeI.../Model/XR80R/GroupID/142028/Group/FRONT_WHEEL
    CRF80F: http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeI...Model/CRF80F/GroupID/327397/Group/FRONT_WHEEL

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  9. gluvnaa

Also, I have seen rims with a black or silver ring around the hub.

Tried looking at bikepics.com to figure out what years came in those colors - any ideas?

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

11. gluvnaa

Wow, awesome.

Do you know anything about servicehonda.com? The $175 price is way cheaper than other large OEM sites.

They dont list the shipping rate - so I wonder if they charge $80 for shipping!

Thanks!
    Andrew

12. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I don't ever see any..... We buy bikes for $500-$600 on CL all the time.....

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Yeah, I never see them. XR100s are WAY more expensive up here. I haven't seen a 100 for less then $800 in a while.

14. Cam Morehead

One of the Sanders boys got one for $300!!! The idiot that put the engine back together did not know how to time the cam.......

15. gluvnaa

FYI: I just called this site and they stated the price is incorrect and the correct online price is 228 plus shipping.

Ya, Same with Balti/DC area - everything is 800+ with most being $1,000 to 1,200.
    Using http://www.searchtempest.com/ I was able to find a ton of $500 XR100s in the GA, AL, FL areas.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I need a complete set for the 50 and a rear for the 70 so we can have street and dirt stuff mounted, then just swap wheels for whatever we are doing.

I can completely relate to this.

Those don't exist. I've seen where people have been sticking those Lifan engines in them, don't know how well it works.

Yeah, but that's the Sanders, they are always coming up with the deals. They had an LT80 a couple of years ago I think they got for 12 dollars and two laying hens, and it ran.

17. ACDNate

18. gluvnaa

Hrm, curious is this builder has a dyno chart for it.

From what I have seen in the NSR50 world - most ppl send engine builds to some guy in Texas. Bet he knows the 100 engine also...

19. ACDNate

I've never seen any dyno work on a BBR120 kit. I have one on my 100 and it's a noticeable difference in power. The claims are it bumps hp up to 7 or 8 hp from the stock 5.

20. Cam Morehead

Power is in the head, not the piston.