1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autobahn Country Club

Discussion in 'General' started by emusic2010, Jun 4, 2012.

1. emusic2010

emusic2010 Sales - Podcast - Racing - Track Marshal - Coach

2. emusic2010

Last Autobahn Video

Full Track
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6YKFgzm8EA

Autobahn Full track 2:48
    Autobahn South 1:38.09
    Autobahn North 1:09.9

Anyone else have lap times to compare? I'm trying to get a feel for what everyone else is running.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Only been there in a car. Ran low 36's with shit tires. Need to take the bike there

4. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Well, I went out to the garage but my lap timer's battery has died.

Love the North course it flows very well. South course, not so much.

Did ya get air going from the South course to the North course?

5. design-engine

design-engine design-engine

I was there sunday and monday. Ill watch your videos this weekend ;) I was getting yelled at for passing too aggressively.

6. emusic2010

The south has some nice braking zones that really help me to make up time on the bigger bikes. They pull away from me on the straights but I catch right back up on the brakes.

I know my front came off but not sure about the rear. A few times it felt real light but its hard to tell the difference between the bike settling from the elevation or the bike settling from being an inch or so off the ground.

I'll be at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on thursday night to do a track day before the race weekend. Feel free to stop by my pit if your coming. I'll be the guy towing an open trailer with a gold Pontiac Sunfire. Primer grey and Black '06 ZX-6R 636.

7. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Going to have to pass, gotta head to DC for a wedding.

Was planning on going over to Blackhawk and I was then reminded that the niece's wedding is this weekend.

Rough weekend, WERA at Blackhawk for the first time in how many years and AHRMA at RA and I'm outta town!! :mad:

8. emusic2010

This will be my first time at Blackhawk, but I've looked at enough youtube video to understand the track lol. I'm going to try to be at every WERA race event this year, to learn all the tracks since this is my first year I'm racing.

9. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

At Blackhawk, watch out for the turtles and other wildlife that like to cross the track.

That includes deer also.

Well, just like Grattan, I guess.

10. emusic2010

Yeah at Grattan CCW one day there was a turtle on the right hander coming off the front straight. One lap he was on the inside of the turn, the next lap he was upside down, the third lap he was gone. If he wasn't killed, he probably shit himself.

I think it was an instructor of mine that told me they crashed because they hit a frog at Blackhawk.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Turn 10, Grattan, opening lap of GTL race.....literally like 8 geese on the track. You'd think they'd take off, scared shitless.....they acted pissed off! They didn't red flag the race, & they were gone the next lap.....I did notice goose poop on the track, though!

BHF.....turtles, chipmunks, snake.
    Road America......deer trapped by the fence down the back straight into Canada corner.

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I remember that deer, that was messed up.

I've seen multiple snakes at BHF. It's not even really surprising after a while. :D

13. emusic2010

Are animals under the "debris flag" or no flag at all?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All depends. Turtles are hard debris, frogs are a slipperly flag as is goose shit, geese and bambis are waving yellows as you might have to take evasive action.

15. emusic2010

I think it's time to hire animal snipers for the safety of the riders.