1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aug VIR - CUDA vs DTALBOTT

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 9, 2004.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

We need more pledges for the Air Fence Fund!!

2. dtalbott

Didn't want anyone to forget. :D

Hey, Cuda, I signed up for a track day at VIR North. This stuff is starting to get serious. :Poke: :beer:

3. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I hope you have a list going, I am gonna spank that :moon:

What track day are you doing?

4. dtalbott

19 July with NESBA.

5. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I would ride with NESBA but they won't let me in their advanced group. :( It has been a while since I tried but I don't wanna follow guys around until they give me the thumbs up.

6. dtalbott

I'm in the intermediate group.

For me, it's the lack of straightaway speed. :D

7. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

That policy has kept me from ever participating in one of their days. I guess it makes business since somehow because it doesn't make common sense.

8. Chip

Chip Registered

why won't they let you ride in the advanced group? I was thinking about doing that track day to set up the CBR, but I don;t want to have to fallow some asswipe around all day...I won;t be able to set up shit.

9. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I jonied them a LOOOONG time ago as a beginner. Than raced for a year or so and went back as an intermediate and they wouldn't bump myself or Robb because they said there were fast guys in the expert group. Whatever. Anyway, if you haven't been with them before you are probably better off than I was having been there as a beginner before I started racing. I would ask though BEFORE you go. Their intermediate group for anybody running race pace is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. You are not allowed to pass an orange shirt until he waves you by. It is check up city every other turn.

10. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Yeah, you think a racers license would be an automatic RACER group.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

makes since to me......

hell, most track day orgs will let you run the racer group if you prove your fast enough not to get in the way....

12. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My understanding is that no other org's designation is honored --- you must be promoted by their judgement. So, you spend your time following some a$$wipe around until they feel you've exhibited the qualities of the next level. I find that system rediculous to the point of contempt given my race experience and won't spend my money or time with them.

13. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

This is true, but proving it means going out with them. And if you don't get them early enough you can be dicking around for 3 groups. See you after lunch.

14. Chip

Chip Registered

damn.........I'll never get to set this stupid bike up.......:rolleyes:

15. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

If you call them they will probably get you OK.

16. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

OH, it is on now. You are going down Darrin. What shall we bet that I finish ahead of you, for once, I'm going for 1:50. :D

Which side are you choosing CUDA?

17. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

I gotta side with CUDA on the Darrin CUDA bet.

He helped me out and I owe him.:beer:

18. dtalbott

What made you jump in, little frog?

19. dtalbott

Who delivered muffler wrap to you at Cycle Jam? :Poke:

20. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Nothing personal Darrin. It is all in the name of Racing and having fun.

Road Atlanta, it was a "must make a certain time cutoff" weekend. I went from 2:20 to 2:05 on my own during the Friday track day. On Saturday morning with Bill's kick in the ass and outstanding schooling I went from 2:09 to 1:59 in two practice sessions. I ended up running a 1:58 in the dry F2 race on Sunday. And me and this other guy were passing each other back and forth, the first time for me passing someone.

So now that I have my head out of my ass it is onward and faster at VIR. My best time at Cycle Jam was 2:11. I want 1:50 now.

(all times round down to the closest whole second)