1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auction for Richard at the V!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by SpEdette, Jun 18, 2002.

1. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Some of Richard's friends have organized an auction for him at the Vortex this Thursday, June 20. All of the proceeds will go toward paying Richard's hospital and rehab bills.

For those who don't already know, the Vortex is a restaurant/bar in Little Five Points in Atlanta. Cool place- I finally got there for bike night (Thursdays) several weeks ago and was surprised how many people I knew.

Local businesses have donated items, and they include:

FM Helmets (2) courtesy MARMO
    Teknic Race Gloves
    Couple of Salad Bowl Helmets, painted and plain

Also, businesses who are donating include:

Performance Powersports
    Ken's Motorcycle Tires
    GMD Computrack

That is not a complete list, but it gives you an idea. The auction will start around 9:00 pm. It's a great chance to hang out, meet fellow racers and riders, and help support Richard! If you can go, please do so- it should be fun.

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2002
  2. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Beth,

Are you planning to post photos from Talli this weekend? I'd like to see who else had the P-Star stickers on their bikes.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And this reminds me - who is organizing the auction? I'll throw in some passes to Road A good for spectators or rider/crew passes.

Boss lady and I will be there after the Grandkids baseball game (He's on an undefeated All-Star team form the park he plays at, sometimes life is cool when you're 8 ).

Just save me somehting cold dark and foreign :D

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Sean, I must caution you .... in that part of town, you don't want to ask for something of that description ... "it" might come up to you and say "hello big boy ... I heard you wanted me."

5. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

I'll be there, TIW. When is Richard coming home? I want to go see him at his house and help out if possible. Life has been pretty crazy for me here lately with work and other things so I didn't get a chance to come see him in Savannah. Can you e-mail me his home number. I had it in my other phone but that one is gone. Shoot the e-mail to me at work and home. work is [email protected]. Thanks!!

6. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

snicker snicker

Does anyone have directions to the place?

7. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/
    It's the one in Little 5 Points.

and "our" club is:

http://www.l5pscootertrash.com/
    (the site hasn't been updated in a while)

Check out the 6' long picture above the bar and try to see how many WERA mugs there are!
    Look for: Buff and Jason, Special Ed, Llyod Horton, and of course me and Rikki!!

I have one of the prints down my hallway in the house.

8. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Mongo- I don't know who is responsible for the auction, but I know Elmo is hleping- he's the one who told me about it and asked me to post info on the BBS. I'll email you his info so you can get in touch.

John- Richard won't be home for a while. As soon as a bed opens up at the Sheppard Center, he will be transferred there for about 2 weeks of rehab. I'm sure he would love for you to come and visit him there. Tom or I will post details as we get them. Richard is sick of being in the hospital already and is pretty stir crazy.

So, I'm starting to think that maybe I should come for this auction. I could bring PStar stickers and take pictures of any streetriders who care to run them. Maybe the V would even put one up somewhere that I could get a shot of? Is anyone willing to let me crash with them that night?

9. James#306

Cool, thanks.

I don't think I'll be able to drive by and miss it. LOL!

10. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Rikki, Titan, Solo, Gordon and I would be honored to offer you our double Futon.
    Bring your gear! You can ride down w/ us!

11. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

Directions to Vortex:

-75/85 south to downtown/Grady curve area
    -Exit Freedom Parkway
    -After you exit you will come to a red light, continue straight through light
    -Get over into the righthand lane
    -You will pass through a covered bridge and the road will V to right. Take the V to the right following signs to Carter Center.
    -Continue to bear to the right and you will come to a red light, Highland Ave, continue straight through light.
    -You will come to a red light at a T intersection this Moreland Ave.
    -Turn right onto Moreland Ave.
    -The Vortex is down Moreland Ave about 1 1/2 blocks on the right.
    -If you are riding your bike pull into the main parking lot entrance in front of the Vortex, if you are driving your car pull in and park in the driveway or two before the Votex in front of Junkyard's Daughter store. Cars are not allowed in the Vortex parking lot on Thursdays.

The fliers they passed out last week stated that the festivites will start at 7:30pm. On a normal Thursday there are anywhere from 100-200 bikes, so tomorrow I am sure there will be quite a few more. I recommend getting there as early as possible. It should be an awesome evening.

12. Hendo

Hendo V Card Puncher

If anyone needs a place to lay there head, there is an extra bed at my place just give me a call and let me know if it is needed. 404-234-6513

13. James#306

bump de bump

thanks!

14. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

I'll be there if the Mrs. gets to feeling better. She's got a nasty fever right now. I may ride down by myself if she feels like taking care of Colin....

All racers are my brothers and sisters.

Lee Fields
    LEEnSV #884
    Intrepid Racing

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I won't be able to make it. I've got a final at school tomorrow and was told that even if I finish early I won't be able to leave until normal time. :(

16. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

That sucks, Paige! Maybe once Richard's home you can cut his hair for him while he's recovering. :D

I will be at the Vortex tonight! I've got a ton of work to do between now and when I hit the road, but I'll be there. I'll be passing out PStar stickers and taking pics! (And looking my squidliest!) :)

17. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

I'd love to be there but I'm on my way to CMP after work today. Good luck with the auction.

18. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Even though I don't drink, I'll try to make it there. Do they have non-alcohol brews? Hope the auction starts a little later in the evening. :cool:

19. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

yeah, they got milk for guys like you!!!!! you should be on the way to CMP

20. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

I think they actually have two non-alc beers.
    But they certainly have a wide selection of sodas.