1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention SVers: Overheating Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by UGA Dawg, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Kendall

Kendall Well-Known Member

Exactly.

2. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

C'mon MB, where's the smack talking? I like this kinda stuff. It motivates me to go faster! [​IMG]

------------------
    "GasTard" In More Ways Than One-
    PMF Racing
    John W. Walters #21 Expert Rookie Black SV
    http://home.mindspring.com/~jwwalters/index.html

3. Kendall

Lay dat smack...lay dat smack!

4. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

ill lay some HAWKSMACK on you guys at roebling. the wind from MY bike will cool your radiator so much youll have to tape it up. whos this kendall character, will he be racing behind me like the rest of you?

5. Kendall

This Kendall character is a novice who doesn't have enough experience to lay the smack down but we will have a fast guy coming to ride the SV at Roebling if Suzuki is paying....

You riding or Fisher?

Next time you rent the track can we come practice too?

Lay dat smack!

6. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

If wind is all it takes to keep the bike cool, all Dawg has to do is a little inventive ducting and the thing will never overheat. He might benefit from one of those Chinese finger trap things attached to his handlebar so he can pull his own finger [​IMG]

7. WERA82

WERA82 Infidel, phone ringing...

So, smack talk aside, what radiator would be a good candidate for an SV if you needed more cooling? Mine ran in the high 80's (C) on the track, and hit H in the pits with the shitty little Daytona. I broke down and bought an SPA tach with a temp gauge in 'merikan and it should be more accurate.

Lee Fields
    LEEnSV #884

8. Mblashfield

ive never rented a track in my life, its called skill son. if your stock bore sv is overheating something is wrong with it. make absolutely sure there is no air in the system. i might come alone, or i might bring the whole team, fisher, champion, zoran, huntt and debord. ill know saturday morning on the raceweekend in march.

9. Kendall

My bad....just remembered reading on this web site about you guys out at Roebling in December I think....could be wrong seems like there were some Aprilia guys testing there too. You were talking about how fast one of the Aprilia guys was running....I assumed you all had rented the track.

I never doubted your skill....hell I've never seen you ride.

Hope to see you guys in March.

10. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Kendall, you don't need a hired gun. I think you can put a hurting to them yourself just fine. [​IMG]

Did you ever here anything about the timer?

11. Kendall

Oh sure Bill? Are you crazy?

I didn't hear anything about the timer I figured you had picked it up. Wasn't that big a deal to me I knew you needed one too.

Hopefully Brian will get in touch with you.

12. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

You turned 102's at Talladega on a SV, I think you can hang with the big boys!

I never heard from him. If you here from him, buy it, I'll rent it from you or we can work something out.

13. Kendall

That time had to be a fluke cause I couldn't repeat it. All I saw the rest of the weekend were 1:05's.

If I hear from him I'll buy it and we can work it out.

14. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

No fluke, fresh tires and chasing 750's can be pretty motivational! When your leading as much as you were it's easy to start cruising in the 105's, heck you lost two seconds just coasting in to turn one. [​IMG]

15. Kendall

I was trying to get out of their way! Those guys are serious. Hopefully Dawg and Lee will show me a good line around Roebling since in my only visit there I sucked everybody's wind last year.

16. Mblashfield

that was a frank kinsey open track weekend, so i guess you are right, everyone there rented the track and practiced. yes you can come next time, just pay frank in advance. i really dont like talking smack. you never know whos gonna win or do well. so just show up and we'll all have a blast. im glad there will be a half dozen new ltwt experts.....im so tired of beating the same group of guys over and over and over........... [​IMG]

looking forward to meeting you guys, please come over and introduce yourselves. if you need anything, i bring it ALL. compressors, generators, tools, nut & bolts etc.

17. Kendall

I agree, I'm not a good smack talker either.....I think these guys were just trying to spice up the BBS for their own benefit. We are looking forward to meeting you guys in person too and some good racing out on the track. There are some pretty fast guys that moved up to expert this year who are hungry including John Walters, Lee Fields, and Kevin Sufferidge.

Thanks for bringing the tools I sure hope we don't need them though.....

Good luck to you guys.

18. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Now, Dat's what I'm talking bout!!

[​IMG]

19. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Yessir! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by UGA Dawg (edited 02-17-2002).]

20. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Maaaaaaaaan! yer riding the Hawk?!!!! That thing is fast! Well, there goes my weekend! [​IMG]

Seriously, we should be having some sort of Party on Saturday night in the pits. Ya'll come by and have some refreshing beverages on The Row. Look for the chilipepper lights..